Question Android 13 - is the same turned off fingerprint and not set fingerprint?

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Hello. I'm testing an Android app. In some cases I don't need fingerprint authentication on the device. It's the same if the fingerprint is active but disabled and when is deleted? (It's kinda annoying to delete it and create it over and over again). On the picture below, its's disabled, not deleted and it's off

Last edited by a moderator:

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Hello. I'm testing an Android app. In some cases I don't need fingerprint authentication on the device. It's the same if the fingerprint is active but disabled and when is deleted? (It's kinda annoying to delete it and create it over and over again). On the picture below, its's disabled, not deleted and it's off
The only difference is obviously the fingerprint is stored when its just disabled, and the fingerprint is completely deleted/wiped when the fingerprint is removed.

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
The only difference is obviously the fingerprint is stored when its just disabled, and the fingerprint is completely deleted/wiped when the fingerprint is removed.
Currently, when is disabled, it won't appear in the app. Just wondered is it enough or need to deleted every time :rolleyes: