Question Dell Printer not recognized anymore on my laptop ?

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
I have a Dell 3130cn Color Laser Printer but it's not being recognized anymore on my HP laptop running Windows 7. I put in new toner but that is not the problem because it still won't work. I uninstalled the driver from Dell and reinstalled the same driver but printer still does not work. The printer does turn on and I don't see any error messages on the display, I also restored the defaults on the printer. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

If you are connected to the pc via usb cable, turn off your pc and printer, pull the cable from the pc and printer and reseat the cable while pc and printer is off, unplug the printer from the wall for a least one minute, then plug it back in. Turn the printer back on, start your pc and see if it is now recognized. My only other suggestion would be to try a different usb cable for the printer.

hmunster123

Distinguished
May 27, 2014
Thanks Fix, I will try that. Ralston 18 I tried a test page from the printer and it worked, just won't print from my laptop. I'm going to reinstall Windows 7 and see what happens, was going to reinstall anyway and now I have an excuse!

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran