Question my laptop works with newly acquired wifi dongle desktop does not

devtinagub1

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2017
recently got a combo bluetooth wifi usb adapter with brand name edup on amazon that works in my lenovo laptop but (gigabyte b550m ds3hd) desktop doesnt even recognize it at all. is it possible its mb dependent or that unsupported? 2nd question why are driver inf type files but in device manager they are sys files? would like to try manually installing if i could just find them but the file types dont match.

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Take a look at device manager on your Lenovo & see what device it shows. Follow up from there.
BTW, what's with the Intel WiFi AX210?

Last edited:

devtinagub1

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2017
thank you for the help guys but installing driver did not do anything. im now thinking maybe either windows 11 or gigabyte is the culprit. solution sell it on ebay and get a trusted brand instead. thank you all for the assists. i may swap drives to see which if any of my hunches are right later.

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
Determine the correct driver from device manager in your Lenovo. I have no idea where the Realtek drivers came from, they are not part of the support for your dongle. That is an intel chip.

lantis3

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Determine the correct driver from device manager in your Lenovo. I have no idea where the Realtek drivers came from, they are not part of the support for your dongle. That is an intel chip.
OP said "recently got a combo bluetooth wifi usb adapter with brand name EDUP on Amazon"

Does OP has a exact model? Did OP download and install the correct driver?