Question Weird issue maybe ?

TheHerald

Upstanding
Feb 15, 2024
I have 3 devices connected via ethernet to my modem. All works well there. Then I have a powerline.
Problem is, in order for any device to connect the first 3 devices it needs to connect in the powerlines wifi, it doesn't detect when connected to the main modem wifi.

EG1. Turns out it's just my laptop that has the issue, any other device works fine. But the laptop, unless connected to the powerline's WLAN, it won't see other network devices ?

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
What if you connect your laptop to the powerline via ethernet cable? BTW, when you say "modem" I assume you mean router/modem. And, the PLA is also attached to the router/modem via ethernet.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

Make and model; modem, router, modem/router (if combined), and "powerline wifi" device?

Are you able to provide some sort of sketch or line diagram that shows the devices and network connections?

Generally there is only one modem, one router, or only one modem/router if combined.

Not sure was is meant by "main modem wifi". However using "main" implies multiple devices.

My first thought is that there may be a network loop involved with respect to the main modem.