Question Computer fails to wake up from sleep mode ?

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
Hello, my computer works perfectly fine but sometimes when I try and wake it up from sleep mode it fails to do so, then power cycles 3 times and does a full boot? I have tried waking it up by mashing the spacebar/enter key, mashing the left click and even using the power button on the tower and just sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The hardware is all new and up to date and i have no issues outside of this one.

Specs:

ASRock H610M-HVS mobo
Intel i7 12700K 12th gen
Nvidia RTX 3070ti Asus TUF
T-Force 2 x 8GB RAM clocked at 3200MHz (mobo's max speed)
Kingston 1TB SATA SSD
PSU: Gigabyte P650B

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Have you tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery to see if that helps? -- it could be because of a BIOS setting that prevent waking from input devices, so resetting might revert things and help.

Is your OS uptodate?
Do you have any pending BIOS updates?

Disheveled_Human

Prominent
Dec 26, 2022
Have you tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery to see if that helps? -- it could be because of a BIOS setting that prevent waking from input devices, so resetting might revert things and help.

Is your OS uptodate?
Do you have any pending BIOS updates?
BIOS is updated already and OS I just updated the other day.

Hmmm, the only thing that really stands out is that this tends to happen after windows updates not all of them but some of them. I just recently updated my windows prior patch it wasn't doing that basically rinse and repeat that for the past 6 months.

Ralston18

Titan
As a starting point look in Reliability History/Monitor.

Any error codes, warnings, or even informational events being captured just before or at the time the computer fails to wake from sleep mode?

Or likewise perhaps started after some Windows update? Check the timeline.

Check Update History for failed or problem updates.

Also run "dism" and "sfc /scannow" to perhaps find and fix corrupted or buggy files.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Colif

Win 11 Master
could be the drivers on the old Asus card, can you give me some details about its model number and I can have a dig... see what chips it has, see if any newer drivers.

could try removing it to see if it makes any difference. Driver won't run if no hardware attached.