Question XMP DDR4 RAM ISSUES CRUCIAL 3200

Apr 23, 2024
I need help. I would appreciate any support as it’s been driving me crazy all day.

I have just bought the crucial 3200mhz 16GBx2 ram installed them in the correct slots. They are in dual channel according too cpu z. However it says they support xmp 2 but when i go into the bios only 1 xmp profile is available and when I select xmp profile one it resets it won’t post. I have too then turn of all power and boot back to the bios and restore default settings for it too fully boot. I have tried changing the DRAM frequency through all different speeds and still won’t boot only on 2666mhz which is stock speed it will boot. I have then also tried increasing the voltage too 1.35 with no luck.

ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING G
RTX 3070
I7 8700k CPU @ 3.7ghz
Windows 10

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING G
Is this the motherboard you're working with? If not, you should specify the model of the board, in totality. You've partially stated the model of the board. If it is the board in question, what BIOS version are you on? Also, if it is that very board, then you board won't go above DDR4-2666Mhz, per the chipset.

If your board is the Z series chipset, please specify which board you're on and what BIOS version you're on. Adding the ram kit's link(if you're unable to state the model for said ram kit) in the thread would help us two fold.

Reactions: beyondlogic
Apr 23, 2024
Thank you for your swift reply.

Yes that is exactly the motherboard you stated. I am running on which is the ROG strix B360-G gaming.

It looks like that’s the issue. I actually didn’t know that was a problem I would encounter . I guess it’s time to upgrade my motherboard next.

Thank you for your help and I will try and be a bit more clearer next time.

I wouldn't bother with a motherboard upgrade unless you are going to also replace the cpu but then you are basically building a new machine.
In most cases you can not tell the difference between memory speeds. If you run memory benchmarks it will show higher numbers but most things the difference is so small you can't actually tell when you are using the machine for non benchmark stuff.

Mostly it is having more memory rather than the speed. If you were not running out of memory before then even more memory will not make enough difference that you can tell.