News Russian media claims server and storage supply has returned to pre-sanctions levels despite ongoing restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2024
Idiotically, this whole endeavor is just pushing Russia and China together. These sanctions are going to be disaster for the west.
Yes. But what is the alternative? Just abandon Ukraine and return to "business as usual"? The West has done that in 2014 with a brief stint of sanctions. And ordinary Russians have a lot of more animosity to China than before. A lot of what they get from China is quite sub par. Russia has replaced western cars with Chinese ones and YouTube is flooded with videos on how bad those are. Anything China made that reaches Russia is very bad. A lot of industry components have gone down in quality. Even those that were being imported before the war. When ordering a batch of goods from China there are always defective ones included. And now there are a lot more of those. Russians are speculating that since they have no alternatives the Chinese have become more brazen in sending rejects.
And any Western tech that reaches Russia has a huge markup, usually no warranty, and more likely to be counterfeit.
Only China benefits from these closer ties and Russians know it.

Apr 26, 2024
If the US can't go after individual Indian companies to prevent them from selling to Russia they should get Apple to slow down or stop their investments in India. There are plenty of other countries like Vietnam that will be happy to take up the manufacturing that Apple is looking to move out of China.

I think you have to be a bit careful if you are the USA about who you tick off over there. I say this because India isn’t much smaller than China and in the event of any future conflict of I’m the USA I’d want them as an ally.

Status
Not open for further replies.