News BenQ set to release 24.1-inch 540 Hz Full HD gaming monitor in May

brandonjclark

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
At what point does this become a joke?

The flicker fusion threshold for a typical human is around 24 fps.

I understand that responsiveness, or the CHANCE to respond quicker might sell some monitors to a professional gamer, but at some point the public is going to realize that this is unsustainable, right?

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
I don't know what is more of a clown here, the concept of "pro" gamers or of monitors for pro players. A kid seated in front of his PC all day is a "pro" if he pays to participate In a tournament now? And he has a edge over other "pros " of he's using a 540hz vs a 144hz? Lol please.. you could MAYBE tell which is which on a blind test if you went back and forth for like a hour, and even then your skill on both monitors would be the same. Now this crap TN panel, what a joke. Any 240hz OLED monitor will feel better than this 540hz TN, heck even a 144hz one. Why they waste their time on these crap panels for god sake, and even charging 1k for it!!!

Amdlova

Distinguished
I'am still using a 75hz display with horrible screen lag... Gaming set to V-sync 60 frames per second...
Only Fast screen I look its from the watts on the Wall. From 50w to 250w It's to damn fast!

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
^ and a TN panel that's 1080p no less.

They couldn't pay me to use it on my primary systems... maybe in the garage or kitchen I'd take one for free if I didn't already have spare 24" 1080p that I upgraded away from using over the years.