Question BSOD error from RTX 2060 Please Help

Apr 23, 2024
Hello everyone,
I`m using Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7, Nvidia GeForce RTX2060
I `m getting BSOD error around a month after update NVidia Geforce Game Driver, first OS starting lagging after that BSOD.
I tried so many solutions, like reinstalling graphic driver with DDU installing old version of driver from nvidia website, upgraded to Windows 11, did factory reset but still the same.
But when im disable device Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 from Device Manager, everything works fine and I don`t get any BSOD. Is that from driver or it is hardware problem?
Here is minidump

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You're on a laptop, can you see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? Also, do you see a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager? Do you see an error code 43?

upgraded to Windows 11
If you're on Windows 10 and upgraded internally to Windows 11, then you should reinstall Windows 11 after recreating your bootable installer and install said OS in offline mode. Speaking of OS, where did you source the installer from?

installing old version of driver from nvidia website
You use the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site.

I used Windbg to go through your .dmp file;
IMHO, it's the drivers. You should use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in safe mode then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024
Thanks sir,

can you see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates?
Actually I didn’t check anything about BIOS, I will check and reply about this,

do you see a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager? Do you see an error code 43?
I did, yes exclamation mark and error code 43 on GeForce RTX2060, that’s why I tried to disable device and it works good after that,

If you're on Windows 10 and upgraded internally to Windows 11,
I did from .iso file bot internally

Apr 23, 2024

You're on a laptop, can you see if your laptop is pending any BIOS updates? Also, do you see a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager? Do you see an error code 43?

upgraded to Windows 11
If you're on Windows 10 and upgraded internally to Windows 11, then you should reinstall Windows 11 after recreating your bootable installer and install said OS in offline mode. Speaking of OS, where did you source the installer from?

IMHO, it's the drivers. You should use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in safe mode then manually reinstall with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site.
I`ve checked about BIOS updated from acer official website there is no any update about BIOS.

Also want to mention that I`ve tried with ddu but I installed old versions, I will try latest driver from Nvidia`s support site.

Is there any way that it could be hardware problem? Because as I`ve already mention that when im disable device Nvidia GeForce RTX2060 from Device Manager, everything works fine and I don`t get any BSOD.

Apr 23, 2024

upgraded to Windows 11

I did what you said, removed all GPU drivers with ddu in safe mode, then manually reinstalled the latest driver from Nvidia`s support site and same thing happened,
Here is link for minidump:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1teIcHFptqA0GVuVKu1fHp-KvLwFBO6Ll/view?usp=drive_link

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I don't have much to add to the advice you were already given. If you reinstalled OS and used DDU to install older driver version unfortunately a hardware issue is possible too.

Doesn't Acer provide graphics drivers for your laptop series/model? Laptop manufacturers usually do some tweaks to the drivers made by AMD or Nvidia sometimes to lower power consumption and/or reduce thermal limits. Standard/desktop drivers don't have these limits included in them and installing them in laptops (considering their limited thermal dissipation) might damage the device.

I suggest you search Acer website with your laptop's specific model number to see if they provide their version of the Nvidia graphics driver. If available try a 'clean' install of the driver provided by Acer. If that doesn't work try with DDU and install the Acer-provided driver.

Also do you get BSODs while using a certain app or game? If yes maybe try updating that application if updates are avilable.

I hope not but if it is a hardware issue you'd have to take it to an Acer shop/repair center or if any company handles Acer repairs in your area.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you elaborate, where did you source the .ISO? A questionable sourced ISO can be the problem as in driver/OS corruption.

I did, yes exclamation mark and error code 43 on GeForce RTX2060, that’s why I tried to disable device and it works good after that,
You now should open up GPU-Z and see if you're met with 0's(zeros). If you do, that's the end of your GPU. You might want to think about contacting your laptop seller and Acer and see if they can initiate some form of repair if you've got some form of warranty left on the laptop.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024
Can you elaborate, where did you source the .ISO? A questionable sourced ISO can be the problem as in driver/OS corruption.

You now should open up GPU-Z and see if you're met with 0's(zeros). If you do, that's the end of your GPU. You might want to think about contacting your laptop seller and Acer and see if they can initiate some form of repair if you've got some form of warranty left on the laptop.
I open up GPU-Z and actually I didn`t use much this app, would you please analyze for me,
Here is results:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F-9cfUdp4-pSWbDcU_1u6xa_xp_Z0yNr/view?usp=drive_link

And second page:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-BVTFDIKiCRDQ3SKbhRPW1g7LPdpj6Gs/view?usp=drive_link

Apr 23, 2024
You didn't answer one other question of mine.
Actually I don`t remember, do you have any suggestion about ISO? actually I don`t think so its from OS, because I tried from different sources which i already used before.

About the pictures, can you say please is everything okay on GPU ?