Discussion ABS Eurus Aqua gaming pc with Gigabyte z790 ud ac crashing and BSOD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 26, 2024
4090 wind force v2
Intel i9 14900ks
Board as mentioned
64 gb ram 2x32

Steam games(some of the forest destiny) play but experience intermittent crashes. Maybe 4 in 2 days game just closes.

Gamepass games(remnant, grounded,starfield) won’t even boot load for 2 seconds fans get loud and either get error message: out of video memory trying to allocate a resource OR BSOD with error code clock watchdog timeout.

Support has said bad gpu, different support said cpu. Internet forums saying problem with motherboard causing cpu issues.

I’m new to all of this my first pc tried to get a really good one and I get this nonsense as my first experience and my lack of knowledge has me frustrated as I have not a clue what to do.

This board supposedly has a a bios update that “fixes” this issue by turning down the power of the cpu¿ The problem is I get a oemid mismatch when trying to install it. Its the correct one downloaded with the help of gigabyte support.

Called abs told me I had a retail board so bios update will work but that’s apparently not the case. And they don’t have any bios files listed anywhere for me to download and this fix supposedly came out two days ago so who knows when it will be available.

In the meantime I’m afraid to play a game thinking I’m slowly destroying my cpu and idk if that also hurts the other parts in the computer.

Not certain anything I even said is the exact issue or problem so anyone with any knowledge who could help me I’d greatly appreciate it.

Apr 26, 2024
You get any resolution from ABS?
No been on the phone with them gigabyte and intel all week. They told me they would send me the bios but have yet to do so. Gigabyte rep gave me some tests to run and told me to watch cpu temp to check if it’s a cooling issue and not the chip. Having issues with RL and starfield. RL not giving 4K as an option and is only getting 120 at that resolution so that’s not right and starfield is hitching and getting weird grey artifacts. Both cpu heavy games so going to run these tests and go from there. Thank you for checking in. Still no decision if I’m keeping it yet.

Also read intel stated they will be making a statement on the issue in May.