News YouTubers build PC with coffee machine inside — full roaster and grinder fit in the chassis

Colif

Win 11 Master
Thats one way to not make your case look empty.
Case Dimensions
800mm x 505mm x 800mm

that case is so big you could put a fish tank in the front area and still have space for a PC... I am not suggesting this as I want the fish to live...

think I read they have it intaking air in roof and blowing out the front... well, they cut a big enough hole there.. I wonder if she will keep using as most PC made for Youtube videos don't last much longer than video.

PEnns

Reputable
Apr 25, 2020
That was a very entertaining video actually (other techie streamers should take note and not bore us to death).

I think the final product is very functional and quite appealing. And she is a truly creative techie!!

einheriar

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2007
If I would make such a machine I would integrate a nespresso capsule machine into my case.. Love my nespresso and seems easier te implement and safer

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
This is a terrible idea. Back in the day, I'd service peoples' PCs, and inevitably a certain % were smokers and that tar buildup was bad enough, but the fumes from coffee coat everything nearby, probably over 10X faster than tobacco smoke.

You could try to seal the chamber it's in but inevitably if you can smell the coffee, some of that is going to be sucked back in unless the system is passively cooled.

I noticed the article stated that it intakes in the rear then out the front of the case, but that still doesn't make it a good idea unless you're just throwing together old salvaged parts for the novelty of it instead of modern parts worth some money and worthy of being used on a regular basis.

All this to be able to make a single cup of coffee? The effort:reward ratio is terribly low. This project was about creating youtube content.

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I remember this from 15-20 years ago. Someone did the same thing. Made his PC in to a Coffee Maker. I may have even read an interview with the guy on maximum pc or tomshardware back in the day. He certainly had his share of challenges making all of this happen.

This Coffee Maker is Built Into a Computer PC

This Coffee Maker is Built Into a Computer PC

https://boingboing.net/2002/12/08/coffeemaking-pc-case.html

Reactions: PEnns

TheOtherOne

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
How or Why is it even a "news"? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If someone wants to, they can add a PC in any size of box along with whatever home appliance they want to put them together. What's the big deal here? 🤔

Reactions: ivan_vy