Question My Ryzen power plan isn’t there after upgrading CPU (SOLVED)

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d, and I went into my power plan and did not see it.

I downloaded the latest motherboard chipset driver and installed it. In the options of things to install it said Ryzen power plan. But still it’s a no show.

Any ideas on what could be the problem here?
Another weird thing I was on device manager and after clicking show hidden I seen drivers for my old CPU. I uninstalled them.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Critik

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
ok will do it next time and thanks to everyone for the answers I did not know.

Reactions: 35below0
Recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 5800x3d, and I went into my power plan and did not see it.

I downloaded the latest motherboard chipset driver and installed it. In the options of things to install it said Ryzen power plan. But still it’s a no show.

Any ideas on what could be the problem here?
Another weird thing I was on device manager and after clicking show hidden I seen drivers for my old CPU. I uninstalled them.
It's nothing special anyway, default PPs do same thing.