Question AIO for a Ryzen 9 7900X ?

May 11, 2024
Hello everybody, i am building my first PC ever and i need one last thing to end it but i dont know which aio cooler fits better with my setup since theres so many out there and internet its so confusing about the best. Budget is around max 200€ and should be white .
Cpu : ryzen 9 7900x
Gpu : asus dual rtx 4070 super oc
Case : H6 flow rgb
Thanks everyone

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You could wrap up your build with an AIO from NZXT;
https://nzxt.com/product/kraken-360-elite-rgb

When you say setup, please include the hardware you want to populate inside the chassis, primarily the motherboard and ram to understand clearance limitations(although you shouldn't run into them with the NZXT H6 Flow).

Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase? Please don't mention Europe, we're looking for a country and site to help narrow down your options.

Reactions: OldcrashWarUS
May 11, 2024
Where are you located and what is your preferred site for purchase
I'm from italy and im planning to buy everything from amazon.
Here things like the kraken elite are super expensive but the "non-elite" version is ok.

When you say setup, please include the hardware you want to populate inside the chassis, primarily the motherboard and ram to understand clearance limitations(although you shouldn't run into them with the NZXT H6 Flow).
I went with h6 flow because the H9 version with the rgb fans is expensive so i decided to cut off and take an h6 but I m still confused if it is worth buy it
When you say setup, please include the hardware you want to populate inside the chassis, primarily the motherboard and ram
Alright as i said
Cpu : ryzen 9 7900x
Mob : MSI x670E gaming plus wifi
Ram : ddr5 6kmhz Cl30 T-create Expert
Gpu : Asus rtx 4070 super oc
SSD :samsung pro 990 2tb
Psu : thermaltake gfa3 snow 850W gold
Case : h6 flow rgb ( since this one comes with x3 120mm fans i dont know if i should take other fans below the gpu for example, in that case maybe is better to take the h9 version?)
Thanks

May 11, 2024
For gaming, your processor threads will not be heavily loaded
I did this build for 3Dsculpt and redering purpose, for work essencially, and i heard its quite good also for gaming but it is not my main goal to be honest . The problem with the case is that i probably think it is needed to add the rest fans to make the build much cooler possible since ryzen 9 is vero hot(?) And which one should i buy for that? Besides the aio i mean

Noctua maintains a database of supported coolers for different processors.
Here is the list for the 7900X:
https://ncc.noctua.at/cpus/model/AMD-Ryzen-9-7900X-1635
Your case supports a 163mm high air cooler if you want.
The NH-D15s fits the bill.
But, it does not come in white.
There are other similarly designed twin tower coolers that do come in white.

The three front 120mm fans will normally deliver sufficient intake air volume.
The intake air volume is necessary to cool the graphics card, the motherboard, and to supply cooling air to the top aio.
In the event you want more, you can buy higher capacity 120mm fans as a replacement.
The penalty is higher noise at high rpm.
Because fans are easy to replace, I would test out the supplied fans first.

Aio cooling is essentially air cooling.
The difference is where the radiator is located.
A negative for aio coolers is that they do not last forever.
In time, the mechanical pump fails or gets clogged. Or, air intrudes through the tubes and the unit must be replaced.
Think of one as a 5 year rental.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The strongest[reviewed] AIO for Ryzen 7000, that's also available in white, appears to be Lian Li's Galahad II Trinity Performance:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/hyte-thicc-q60-240-mm-aio-cpu-liquid-cooler/6.html
Actually, it's Valkyrie Syn, but availability might be limited, and the brand is new.

i probably think it is needed to add the rest fans to make the build much cooler possible since ryzen 9 is vero hot(?)
Additional fans don't really have much to do with the thicker IHS on the Ryzen 7000 chips and the harder to cool microscopic hot spots on the dies.
Having about a dozen or more fans in a case collects dust faster too, which in turn will also increase overall temperatures if not cleaned out regularly.

We long passed the point of 'how many fans is too many' with the options some cases out there present. Fortunately, it's all optional; it's not necessary to fill every available space, unless there's some kind of OCD involved.

May 11, 2024
There are other similarly designed twin tower coolers that do come in white
To be honest i didnt take at all the option of installing an air cooler instead of liquid,but as far as i've seen i dont like the style i guess
Think of one as a 5 year rental
Ye i understand that but when it comes to air i assume it's much longer in therms of durability? So why is aio more expensive? And what about efficiency difference at this point?
Because fans are easy to replace, I would test out the supplied fans first.
Yes thats a good point, but you mean "replace" the ones that already comes with the case or just add/not add more fans?
The strongest[reviewed] AIO for Ryzen 7000, that's also available in white, appears to be Lian Li's Galahad II Trinity Performance
I've been looking for a chart like this by a non stop week so thank you thank you, this clarifies so much about which cooler is best option for me. Now I just have to figure out if adding additional fans is worth it, besides the noise and dust accumulation issue I think once I find myself spending so much money the eye wants its share without straying too far into the ridiculous of course
My Arctic Liquid freezer III 360 keeps my 7900x down to less than 80c under full load for hours, great for it's price.
Yes the price is really competitive and I also like the aesthetics, however may I ask you what case you use and how many fans you have over the aio?
Thanks everyone guys

To be honest i didnt take at all the option of installing an air cooler instead of liquid,but as far as i've seen i dont like the style i guess

Ye i understand that but when it comes to air i assume it's much longer in therms of durability? So why is aio more expensive? And what about efficiency difference at this point?

Yes thats a good point, but you mean "replace" the ones that already comes with the case or just add/not add more fans?

I've been looking for a chart like this by a non stop week so thank you thank you, this clarifies so much about which cooler is best option for me. Now I just have to figure out if adding additional fans is worth it, besides the noise and dust accumulation issue I think once I find myself spending so much money the eye wants its share without straying too far into the ridiculous of course

Yes the price is really competitive and I also like the aesthetics, however may I ask you what case you use and how many fans you have over the aio?
Thanks everyone guys
I'm using an old oddball but large Sharkoon case Radiator has 3x120mm Arctic P120 ARG. which are very quiet. Radiator is in front as intake. 3 more p120 RGB as exhaust.

Reactions: OldcrashWarUS