Question CPU overclock may have failed and now CPU temps are high ?

SolonQ

Commendable
Dec 16, 2021
So my brother bought this prebuilt pc with a Gainward RTX 4070 Super and Ryzen 7 7700x, hes had it for a while, Ive set it up for him and even played a couple games on it before the problem started. He saw some videos on YouTube about overclocking and he tried to do it himself with little to no knowledge on it, apparently he used to AMD Ryzen Master to tweak his cpu and when he realised he was too lazy mid way through tweaking some stuff, he pressed the reset to default settings. Ever since he did this his cpu temps have gone to hell and its basically 82° to 89° at all times when playing games or its spiking up down from 69° when idling. Before the temps would only be around 68° to 72° when on games. Now Its gone crazy or something I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried using DDU and re installing graphics drivers or manually resetting BIOS settings. Also, in MSI Afterburner its reading another GPU but it has a blank name, I don't know if it has anything to do with that or not

CPU: Ryzen 7 7700x

GPU: Gainward Ghost RTX 4070 SUPER

CPU Cooler: COOLERMASTER HYPER 212 SPECTRUM V2 CPU

RAM: DDR5 16GB 5200MHZ CORSAIR VENGEANCE

Motherboard: MSI PRO A620M-E

PSU: INWIN PSU 650W BE SERIES B65E

SolonQ

Commendable
Dec 16, 2021
Yeah its still the same results, whats weird is (Not sure if you play Fort or not) when he plays on Creative Maps on Fort (the map is practically empty), the temps get really bad, like 88, and then when he goes into an actual public game with the huge map, the temps are back to normal, frames are lower than usual tho.