Build Advice Does the Phantom Spirit Cooler fit in an Antec P10C case ?

unseenhawk

Reputable
Dec 11, 2020
Hello,

I wanted to make sure before buying a CPU Cooler for 13600k, I'm a little confused about height, front, rear!

The case I have now is Antec P10C :
https://www.antec.com/product/case/p10c

After researching, many people recommend Phantom Spirit 120 :

I'm not a gamer but I wanted something good.quite and lasts me some time, if this too big, should I go for a single tower or low profile ? also do I need dual tower in first place or not, I received the CPU as a gift I was planing to get the 14500.

Thanks.

Solution
PC case has CPU cooler clearance up to 175mm. CPU cooler you linked has height of 157mm, so, it will fit just fine.

Note: Depending on how tall your RAM is, you may need to move the front fan up a bit. Or hook it to the rear of 2nd tower.

should I go for a single tower
Single tower CPU cooler can work, IF you don't OC your CPU. But since you can, better to have dual-tower.

or low profile
Low profile CPU cooler is ONLY for mini-ITX builds, where you do not have enough CPU cooler clearance for tower-type cooler. Also, i wouldn't put anything above Core i3/Ryzen 3 under that one. Core i5/Ryzen 5 only when paying close attention to CPU temps. No OC what-so-ever.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
PC case has CPU cooler clearance up to 175mm. CPU cooler you linked has height of 157mm, so, it will fit just fine.

Note: Depending on how tall your RAM is, you may need to move the front fan up a bit. Or hook it to the rear of 2nd tower.

should I go for a single tower
Single tower CPU cooler can work, IF you don't OC your CPU. But since you can, better to have dual-tower.

or low profile
Low profile CPU cooler is ONLY for mini-ITX builds, where you do not have enough CPU cooler clearance for tower-type cooler. Also, i wouldn't put anything above Core i3/Ryzen 3 under that one. Core i5/Ryzen 5 only when paying close attention to CPU temps. No OC what-so-ever.

Reactions: unseenhawk
Solution

unseenhawk

Reputable
Dec 11, 2020

Talk about detailed answer, education and advice .. couldn't ask for more, thank you very much.

And yes I do have long rams, I did some research on them they said I may need to do what you just asked me to do.
https://www.gskill.com/product/165/371/1649667420/F5-6000J3040F16GX2-TZ5K-F5-6000J3040F16GA2-TZ5K

Thanks again,peace.

Reactions: Aeacus