Question I'm getting a lot of "Kmode Exception Not Handled" errors after updating the BIOS ?

May 9, 2024
I'm using a Gigabyte b550m aorus elite board, Nvidia 5600X and 64gb RAM and I was running the default mainboard FD bios for a long time with no issues, then I updated to the FE bios (the latest one for March 2024) and then started getting "Kmode Exception Not Handled" errors on bootup. The first boot always gives the BSOD, and after it reboots it can load Windows.

I noticed the kmode errors occur even when booting in safe mode, and safe mode with networking.

I used bluescreenview to analyze the minidump files, and it said the problem was with ntoskrnl.exe. What can I do in this case? I've already run sfc /scannow and it didn't help.

I want to upload my minidump files but I keep getting a "file is not readable, see the owner to obtain permission" message ?

ubuysa

Distinguished
BlueScreenView and WhoCrashed are about as much use for analysing dumps as a chocolate teapot. Please upload all the dump files in C:\Windows\Minidumps to a cloud service with a link to them here.