Question GPU started buzzing after I cleaned it with canned air

BornOrca

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
This weekend I installed an m.2 ssd in my computer and decided to clean out the rest of it using compressed air. I ensured I held the can far away, I sprayed it all over my pc to clear it of dust. I noticed my GPU was especially dusty so I sprayed some compressed air down its vents.
When I reinstalled the GPU when under load it started making a buzzing sound. I know its not the fans because I stopped them both using my fingers and the buzzing continued to happen. What could it be? Its kind of like an insect bzzz sound. I can't record it cuz my mic is really bad.
Could you guys give me any advice, is it worth RMAing. If its just coil whine i can deal with it.

BornOrca

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
also I don't notice anything change framerate wise. It only happens when I'm in a game. When I alt tab out the sound immediately stops. I can feel the GPU kind of vibrating against the case

You already got an answer and it's coil whine most probably. No need to make new threads.

BornOrca

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
You already got an answer and it's coil whine most probably. No need to make new threads.
ok sorry I just had no clue, just wanted to provide more information so people could make a better judgement
I just never thought that coil whine could develop straight away like that after cleanign with compressed air

BornOrca

Prominent
Jun 2, 2019
Can anyone else help? I dont understand how the canned air could’ve damaged the gpu, it came out so weak. It’s almost like an bee buzzing sound but continuous, only stopping at loading screens and alt tab