Question High CPU Temps on my first PC build ?

May 11, 2024
Date of PC build: December 26, 2023

Here is my spec sheet:
Case - Lian Li LANCOOL 216 RGB
Motherboard - Asus TUF Gaming Z790 Plus Wifi
CPU - Intel i5 13600KF
Graphics Card - XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
Power Supply - Corsair RM750e
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 5200MHz CL40
SSD - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB
CPU Cooler - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7

My CPU is idling around 45-50 degrees C, and when under load it reaches 85-90+ degrees C (Rainbow Six Siege 1080p). I have tried to reset to optimized default bios settings and have set asus multicore enhancement to Disabled - Enforce All Limits (to enforce Intel CPU default limites). I'm pretty confused on why my temps are so high considering how highly rated this cooler is. These temps have recently caused Rainbow Six Siege to crash, even though it didn't before (i'm pretty sure my gpu temps are not the problem). If anybody has any idea on how to fix this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Easy to test:
Put the AIO pump speed at 100% and also all 3x fans on the rad at 100% as well. It will be noisy but this will tell you if the issue is with your fan RPM profile or if issue is somewhere else.

At full tilt, if you see temps drop during load, then it's just the matter of configuring fan RPM profile to less audible level, while still maintaining proper cooling. Btw, AIO pump should run 100% at all times.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Do as Aeacus suggests above. Assuming you find that forced full speed works well, you need to check an item when you return to "Standard" automatic control of the AIO system via your CPU_FAN header. See your BIOS Manual here

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...EM_WEB_EN.pdf?model=TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI

on p. 12 under QFan Control. Choose the CPU_FAN header to work on. Check at upper right the MODE setting. Ensure it is set to PWM, and not Auto or DC. In some situations using Auto can allow the header to reduce pump speed when it should not. That particular AIO system does not allow you separate control of pump and rad fan speeds. It does its own strategy for controlling those speeds, but it depends on receiving proper a PWM signal from the CPU_FAN header.

Reactions: CompuTronix