6800h
rtx 3070
32gb ram 4800MHz
2 ssd
windows 11 (version 23H2)
latest windows updates
latest drivers
latest bios

So basically I get the BSOD alomost everytime I turn my laptop on. And also, sometimes, black screen when I close the lid then re open it and I need to force close my laptop. This started a couple of month ago but now it became way more frequent then before.
The laptop seems to work perfectly.
And I also realized, my laptop just BDOS for no reason while running on battery.
My MINIDUMP file :
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiPYl3UP731Gg0kRin99bq5ZRZad?e=nTvynL

Last edited:
May 7, 2024
The dump points to aswbidsdriver.sys as the culprit, which is a registry filter driver for Avast security.

Most likely, your installation of Avast Antivirus is corrupted, it may not be interacting well with something else on the system, or perhaps part of your filesystem is corrupted. I would first try reinstalling or repairing Avast.

Last edited:
Reactions: LePolandais87
May 7, 2024
The dump points to the aswbidsdriver.sys as the culprit, which is a registry filter driver for Avast security.

Most likely, your installation of Avast Antivirus is corrupted, it may not be interacting well with something else on the system, or perhaps part of your filesystem is corrupted. I would first try reinstalling or repairing Avast.
Thanks, i'm re-installing Avast and I will see in a couple of days if my pc still bsod.

May 7, 2024
The dump points to aswbidsdriver.sys as the culprit, which is a registry filter driver for Avast security.

So I just got back home and I turn on my pc and I still got 3 BSOD before my pc successfully turn on. Is there's anything else on the minidump file that indicates other reasons for this problem ?
And sadly my pc didn't succesfully create a minidump file this time for some problem. The file is like corrupted or something.
Thanks

May 7, 2024
My system :
asus tuf a15 fa507rr
6800h
rtx 3070
32gb ram 4800MHz
2 ssd
windows 11 (version 23H2)
latest windows updates
latest drivers
latest bios

For the past couple of months, I get multiple BSOD on startup, like 3 BSOD before my laptop can successfully turn on. I don't know what can be causing this problem but it's getting worst, in the beginning, I usually only get 1 BSOD before my laptop successfully turon and it was rare but now it everytime and with multiple BSOD.
I got suggested to reinstall Avast, which I did but I still get BSOD.
The most usual error is : system thread exception not handled. I get other error code but this is the most common one.
I always update my drivers and I've checked for outdated drivers. My laptop is working correctly even with this problem which, apparently, only affects the startup. I don't get any BSOD when using the laptop so it's really only when booting it up.
And I also realized, my laptop just BDOS for no reason while running on battery.

One of my MINIDUMP file since my pc seems to be unable to create one on every BSOD on startup or the minidump file is like empty or corrupted :
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiPYl3UP731Gg0kRin99bq5ZRZad?e=nTvynL

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Please stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains for both you and the people trying to help you.

windows 11 (version 22H2)

Your OS is pending an update, we're on 23H2 for Windows 11. Curious though, where did you source the installer for your OS?

Using WinDBG, I see this as the cause of the issue
IMAGE_NAME: aswbidsdriver.sys
Why are you trying to work with an aftermarket antivirus when Windows Defender on it's own is good for daily computing needs?

May 7, 2024
Please stick to one thread unless you want spaghetti brains for both you and the people trying to help you.

windows 11 (version 22H2)

Your OS is pending an update, we're on 23H2 for Windows 11. Curious though, where did you source the installer for your OS?

Using WinDBG, I see this as the cause of the issue
IMAGE_NAME: aswbidsdriver.sys
Why are you trying to work with an aftermarket antivirus when Windows Defender on it's own is good for daily computing needs?
About the version of my OS, I just realized it never recommended me to update to 23h2 for some reason and still doesn't show the option to. And about the installer for my OS, well I don't know since it's a laptop and windows 11 was pre-installed in it and I never touched it.

And also sorry for having multiple thread, it's just this problem have been haunting me for a very long time now.:)