Question Long time issue with my PC - - - it turns on but there's no display, and it stutters randomly when gaming ?

May 4, 2024
Hi All,

I would really love some help with this. I built a computer a couple of years ago. When I first built it the computer I went to turn it on and it didnt load show anything on the screen but all the lights and fans where working. I then turned it off and on again after leaving it for 10 mins to make sure that it wasnt a first time boot thing. After turning it off and back on it worked and loaded everything fine.

Fast forward 2 years and im running out of patience :D Sometimes I will spend 20 minutes turning it off and on to actually get a working display (this has been the same since day 1 and hasnt got anyworse). I would really like to get this resolved but the PC shop that I took it to couldnt find the issue. They have stated that everything is connected right and there are no issues with the build of the PC.

I have taken the whole PC apart and rebuilt it 4 times over the time I have had it as I do a full strip down to clean it fully. The issue must be to do with hardware but I am unsure as to what it is. Here is what I have tried so far.

1. Updated the bios.
  2. Tried different RAM.
  3. Tried a different cooler for the CPU.
  4. Moved primary m.2 to a different slot.
  5. disconected all other hardrives than the m.2 to test is there was a conflict.
The GPU I had in my old PC for 4 months prior without a single issue.

Spec of my computer is:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model X570 GAMING X
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. F36, 04/01/2022
SMBIOS Version 3.3
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product X570 GAMING X
BaseBoard Version Default string
Platform Role Desktop

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1| You have two more BIOS updates pending. Flash to version F39.
2| How are you cooling your processor?
3| Make and model of your case, number of fans and their orientation within said case?
4| Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

You should've listed the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran