Question Motherboard VGA LED lit after installing a used GPU ?

Apr 22, 2024
Hi there, just bought a 2nd hand Sapphire RX 580 nitro+ 8GB but:
Boot time has been increased.
Can't see ASUS TUF logo, which means can't reach BIOS page (mobo: ASUS TUF B560 PLUS-WIFI | cpu: i5 11400).
Motherboard LED indicating "vga" stays on "white" consistently.
but i eventually get to windows (with delay ofc) and everything works, but i feel some stutters sometimes.
I've tested both pcie slots, cleaned the golden pins of pcie connector, changed the pcie speed to 3.0, changed the cables sockets of PSU side, no difference; but when i connect cable to motherboard display port, everything works just fine.

also tested Furmark 2, OCCT vram & superposotion. temps are fine, fans are fine, just that LED and inability to reach BIOS page is making me panic.

Apr 22, 2024
You were advised against buying an used card of that generation yet we're here reading up on the RX580.

Did you use DDU to remove all your GPU drivers(Intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode from your platform, to later install the latest driver meant for your GPU, sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command?
UPDATE: the card is all right, the previous owner has killed one bios, fortunately it has dual-bios feature, the other one has got a bit retarded, can a technician recover those original BIOSes? I myself don't try flashing since I heard it's pretty risky

May 7, 2024
UPDATE: the card is all right, the previous owner has killed one bios, fortunately it has dual-bios feature, the other one has got a bit retarded, can a technician recover those original BIOSes? I myself don't try flashing since I heard it's pretty risky
I'm assuming by "killed" you simply mean overwritten with junk/corrupted somehow, and I'm not sure what's wrong with the second. But yes, the firmware image is probably online somewhere so it would just need to be flashed to the chips.

Apr 22, 2024
I'm assuming by "killed" you simply mean overwritten with junk/corrupted somehow, and I'm not sure what's wrong with the second. But yes, the firmware image is probably online somewhere so it would just need to be flashed to the chips.
probably yes, and also has done something similar to the half-alive bios. initially i thought the reason why i cant enter mobo BIOS is because i dont get any screen so its pure black, so spammed DEL button, but nah it just skips the steps (with delay) and jumps to windows, preventing from reaching mobo BIOS too. at this point im quite sure its all about BIOS and not driver or output port etc. , since its happening before OS start to work.