Question My PC randomly freezes for a millisecond and a short screeching sound on my headset follows. What seems could be the issue?

Apr 24, 2024
I'm completely new to PC building and I have no idea on what seems to cause the issue. Below are specs of my PC:

Mobo - Gigabyte B550m DS3H Rev 1.7
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
GPU: Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
RAM: Kingston Fury 3200 mhz
PSU: Ramsta 650 watts bronze
Monitor: Asus VY249HE
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2 X

I've tried reinstalling the audio drivers but the issue still persists, please help!

Apr 24, 2024
Does the PC recover after the millisecond?

That PSU is absolutely frightening.
Yes, it does. In fact, after the freezing and the screeching sound (is only on my audio/headset not particularly on my other hardware) my PC runs normally as if nothing happened. The freezing just bugging me as it comes randomly whether I'm gaming or just browsing.

Basically PSU models coming from "Ramsta" brand are of very poor quality.

So this could most likely be the culprit in your case, although I can't say for sure. But, never cheap out on the power supply. Always stick with well-known and reputed PSU brands. Grab a HIGH quality PSU.

Ramsta is not a brand I would trust or recommend for power supplies though, at least to be used on high-end gaming PCs.

Apr 24, 2024
Basically PSU models coming from "Ramsta" brand are of very poor quality.

So this could most likely be the culprit in your case, although I can't say for sure. But, never cheap out on the power supply. Always stick with well-known and reputed PSU brands. Grab a HIGH quality PSU.

Ramsta is not a brand I would trust or recommend for power supplies though, at least to be used on high-end gaming PCs.
I see, thank you so much. I'm on a really tight budget as of now if you can recommend PSU for my build within my means, I'll greatly appreciate it. Also, I am opting to perform other TS such as reinstalling Windows 11 to see if it fixes the issue. If you can add other TS that I might have skipped, I'll greatly appreciate it as well.

What's your budget for the power supply, and can you provide any shop link from where you buy PC parts and other electronic components, be it online or Retail ? There are quite a few good PSU models/brands to consider.

Usually stick with known brands like Corsair, EVGA, BE Quiet, Antec, Cooler Master, Seasonic, FSP, Enermax, to name a few.

It all depends on the budget and the current gaming requirements. Btw, first try a clean reinstall of the Windows OS and see whether doing this helps or not. Also, make sure the BIOS and other drivers/firmware are all fully up-to-date.

Could be some software issue as well. BTW, when does the PC freeze ? In idle desktop mode, or during light work like browsing the internet, watching movies, or while gaming ?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024
What's your budget for the power supply, and can you provide any shop link from where you buy PC parts and other electronic components, be it online or Retail ? There are quite a few good PSU models/brands to consider.

Usually stick with known brands like Corsair, EVGA, BE Quiet, Antec, Cooler Master, Seasonic, FSP, Enermax, to name a few.

It all depends on the budget and the current gaming requirements. Btw, first try a clean reinstall of the Windows OS and see whether doing this helps or not. Also, make sure the BIOS and other drivers/firmware are all fully up-to-date.

Could be some software issue as well. BTW, when does the PC freeze ? In idle desktop mode, or during light work like browsing the internet, watching movies, or while gaming ?
My budget currently sits at 50 - 80 USD. Will a 650 watts bronze rated PSU from the mentioned brands above suffice on my current setup?

I already updated the audio, GPU, chipset drivers as well as my mobo's BIOS and the issue still persists. Whether it may be light browsing or gaming. But it's not really affecting too much, it's literally a millesecond and will resurface again randomly. Though I cannot pinpoint the frequency of its occurence since it's very random. Sometimes it will resurface after 10 minutes from the initial freeze/screeching sound sometimes, it will resurface after a couple of hours.

I will surely reinstall my Windows OS in Sunday and see how it goes.

My budget currently sits at 50 - 80 USD. Will a 650 watts bronze rated PSU from the mentioned brands above suffice on my current setup?

Yes, 650 Watts should be sufficient for your current PC specs, if it is a high quality PSU model. The wattage number alone doesn't matter that much though, unlike the QUALITY of the power supply.

The quality and the make also matters. Oh btw, your budget is kind of tight though.