Question I need advice on my next case ?

HippeusOmega

Prominent
Apr 19, 2023
So upgrading my pc build a little and trying to decide on a case. Already planning on a 360mm radiator for my 5800X3D as my current 240mm aio will be going into another build. The AIO cooler I'm getting is the Corsair h150i elite with the cpu temp readout.

Eyeing a couple corsair cases cause I've had experience with them in the past and my current build is a 4000D but I want more room and fans. Plus my 4000D will eventually be used for another build.

A 7000D airflow little on the pricy side but a full tower with plenty of room for growth with lot of fan support.

A 5000D tower. Not much of a upgrade over my current 4000D but has more fan support and I can mount the 360mm on the top or front. Also the extra $ saved can be used towards the 3x 120mm corsair rgb fans for the side panel. Provided there is enough clearance for them.

Also open to other chassis suggestions.

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located and what is your case purchase governed with? Just the 360mm AIO? You could look into Fractal-Design's cases. Your next logical step would be the 5000D. The 7000D is too large to fill up with fans and mere air cooling hardware. It's geared towards watercooling builds/enthusiasts, the 500D does near similar to the 7000D but on a slightly smaller scale.

HippeusOmega

Prominent
Apr 19, 2023
Where are you located and what is your case purchase governed with? Just the 360mm AIO? You could look into Fractal-Design's cases. Your next logical step would be the 5000D. The 7000D is too large to fill up with fans and mere air cooling hardware. It's geared towards watercooling builds/enthusiasts, the 500D does near similar to the 7000D but on a slightly smaller scale.
Located in Michigan but our temps can fluctuate a lot. That makes sense with the 7000D then it being more for that kind of thing and better to spend the $ on something else if I don't need it.

Basicslly out of my new case want the freedom to outfit a 360mm aio cooler to the top as an exhaust or front as a intake if needed. Also want to prioritize airflow as much as I can

Edit: decided on the 5000D airflow

Last edited:
Personally I have a 5000D Airflow and it's a pretty good case, but not without limitations. I'd have probably gotten the O11 Dynamic EVO if it was out when I was in the market though. I'm running my CPU cooler in the side of the case as my CPU doesn't use a lot of power so I don't have to run the fans very high. You would likely be in the same situation with a 5800X3D while they run somewhat hot there isn't much wattage involved.

Here are some other options that are solid:

mid cases:
Thermaltake CTE T500 Air
Lian Li LANCOOL III
Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO

big cases:
Thermaltake CTE C700 Air
Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
Cooler Master HAF 700
Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL