Question Orange DRAM light on motherboard ?

Apr 23, 2024
Hi so I have this problem with my PC where it has been working fine for a while, but now when I try to boot it there is a solid orange DRAM light on my motherboard and there is no display.
Ive tried moving my ram into different spaces and nothing worked, but I have removed some sticks of ram and it booted fine. So for example having 2 sticks of ram in worked, 1 stick of ram worked. I tried this with all sticks and pair of ram together all booted fine, but when I have all of them in at the same time it doesnt work.
I am not too sure what to do id appreciate some help thank you!

My specs are:

MBD: ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
CPU: i7-7700K CPU
GPU: RTX 3080
PSU: 600w THERMAL TAKE 80 PLUS
RAM: 32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE (2 X 8GB 3000mhz and 2 x 8GB 3200mhz)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

PSU: 600w THERMAL TAKE 80 PLUS
Thermaltake is the brand of the unit while 600W is the advertised wattage of the unit, 80 plus is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating, what is the model of the unit and it's age?

GPU: RTX 3080
You might want to look into a reliably built 750W or higher wattage unit. You have the wrong unit for the job, wattage wise.

You might want to remove all sticks of ram from your build and work with 2 sticks of ram sourced from a friend or neighbors build to see if that helps alleviate the issue. Use slots A2 and B2.