[SOLVED] PC No Display No Beep No USB Power only the Fan is working

Apr 8, 2021
I have this PC for a long time, i dunno why it always gacha for me. Everytime i turn off the PC and then turn off the Power Supply then i turn it on back then turn my PC it always No Display No Boot No Beep, but in first i see my mouse light is on for only 0.5 second and it seems the USB has no power, only get it when i first turn on.

Sometimes i need to wait for like 3 hours after the electric turn off, sometimes it just random, it's like gacha....
But after no display, etc when i can boot it up my computer is fine, as long as i didn't turn the power supply off or not pull up the cable my computer still fine and i can turn it off and om like usual, my RAM also still good and perfectly fine, my graphics card also still fine, it's just the Fan only working.

Is this related to my house electricity maybe?
It's just after the problem then i can turn it on, my computer is fine even i play it for like 12 hours, but the problem for me is i need to hope and lean on my luck so my computer can turn on after dead electircity or after i pull out the power cable...
Please help.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have this PC
We're going to need to know the specs to your entire system. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU in your build? I'd advise on sourcing a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU to rule out your PSU from being a faulty/failing unit.

If you suspect the wall socket/wiring in your house to be faulty, relocate to another wall power outlet. You could also try and call in a certified electrician to scope out the grounding in your house.

Lutfij

Titan

I have this PC
We're going to need to know the specs to your entire system. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU in your build? I'd advise on sourcing a donor PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a reliably built PSU to rule out your PSU from being a faulty/failing unit.

If you suspect the wall socket/wiring in your house to be faulty, relocate to another wall power outlet. You could also try and call in a certified electrician to scope out the grounding in your house.

Solution
Apr 8, 2021

I have this PC
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Ahh sorry, this is my first time in the forum, my build is

CPU: Amd Phenom X3 (sorry i forgot the series, but it has an unlocking 4 core feature)

Motherboard: Biostar A880GZ

Ram: 4Gb DDR3 Samsung PC3-12800U-11-12-A1

SSD/HDD: Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 260Gb

GPU: AMD HD 6770

PSU: Macrox AX650-8SEP 650W

So after a long months can't get in somehow my computer working just fine, even i can upadate windows and then play Genshin Impact, but after i close Genshin Impact my computer suddenly shut down, i dunno what happen. I try to remove everything except fan and CPU, clear CMOS, use RAM on every slot still no beep. After i check it again there is two 4-pin ATX 12v. So here what i got:

-the original 4-pin that i use and work is somehow the restart button can trigger on/off the Fan on the Cas3 but the Fan for CPU and my VGA is fine and always working, and my mouse glow up only a sec, but when i press right click my mouse light is ON, but when i release it then the light is off. Sometime i need to press the restart button so my CD/DVD Drive is on, it's kinda tricky. If my computer can't display boot i can try to push restart button so the Case Fan and DVD Drive work, BUT if my computer work fine i don't need to press restart button anymore because it will automatically on. Does this might be the problem?? I try to switch the power and restart cable in the mobo but still the same.

-i disconnect any 4-pin, my computer on, fan on, but the rest is nothing, there is no beep, and i CAN'T TURN OFF my PC by pressinv power button for 5 sec.

-i try the second 4-pin, all the FAN (including the Fan case) is on, but my mouse didn't trigger light on anymore, and the restart button can't trigger on/off the Fan case again, but i still can turn off my PC using power button.

So i assume it might be the cable or my PSU problem? Sometime i need to gacha and hope my PC working fine, when my PC working fine then i don't need to trigger, but when the electricity is down or i simply turn off the cpu or disconnect power cable, i need to gambling again untill it work again.

The last time my PC can't boot display is when i put my PC on hibernate, i always do that and still work fine, but after that i can't get on my PC.. Months pass by somehow i can turn it on and perfectly fine even after i plug and unplug the hardware, and thats when i update windows and play genshin impact, after that it seems not working again.. I dunno what is wrong with my Pc actually, i am suspect my home electricity is the problem..

aoresteen

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2016
As others have said replace the power supply with a known good one that has 500 watts or more. When dealing with old computers you want to ensure that the ps is good before doing any other trouble shooting. I have a spare 500 watt PS that I keep on my bench for testing old computer and mobos. Good luck!!