Question PC turns on and works fine for some time. Then no display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021
My PC turns on and works fine for some time (15min - 3hrs) but then it goes no display. Once I force shutdown with power button and restart the pc, it works fine again. I have tried clean installation of the drivers with DDU. Still no difference. The problem started occurring after I cleaned my pc. I just shifted it to another place and took the front mesh filters out and cleaned the dust off them. This had happened before but had stopped happening after I removed my drivers with ddu and installed again. My retention clip of the pcie slot has broken. So my suspicion is that this is the problem. After the issue I took out my graphics card and put it back again carefully, but the issue still persisted. Will I need to change my entire motherboard or am I missing something ? I tried stress testing the pc also and the GPU temps are fine (75-78 C). I scored a 98 percent on the 3d Mark stress test. So I doubt the issue is with my Graphics Card.
Any help would be nice. My specs are-

ZOTAC Twin Edge OC 3060 Ti
Intel i5 10400f
MSI H410-PRO-VH
Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 watt.
Crucial ballistix 8Gb RAM(2)
Crucial P1 M.2 SSD

Solution
How old is the PSU in your build? Make and model of your case?

MSI H410-PRO-VH
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Might want to see if all your connectors are seated securely. I would disconnect and reconnect them. Maybe see if relocating to another wall outlet helps.

Lutfij

Titan

MSI H410-PRO-VH

Might want to see if all your connectors are seated securely. I would disconnect and reconnect them. Maybe see if relocating to another wall outlet helps.

Solution

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021

MSI H410-PRO-VH

My PSU is 2.5 years old at this point. I have already disconnected and reconnected the connectors, the issue still persisted. I will relocate to another wall outlet and update.
The version of my bios is - 7C89v1A released in June 2022.

PratHat

Reputable
Mar 16, 2021

MSI H410-PRO-VH

So I changed the pcie cable that was connected to my gpu (The psu came with multiple pcie cables). The issue hasn't occurred again and I hope it won't occur ever again *touches wood*. (Late update as I did this like 4 days after the original post).

Status
Not open for further replies.