News Qualcomm faces benchmark cheating allegations — Snapdragon X Elite/Plus benchmarks claimed to be fraudulent

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
I never trust benchmarks companies provide you without the ability to check 'under the hood' to ensure everthing is above board. To do anything less is just naive.

As for Charlie and his reporting. His fall from grace has been obvious for all who know anything about tech. bit_user and Jarrod hit the nail on the head perfectly with their posts. Semi-accurate is just MLID except worse since they had to fall from grace to be this bad whereas MLID can't fall up.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Windows Central just posted this article showing Geekbench scores for a Surface Laptop 6 using the Snapdragon and the results look really good.

Fake? or should we question Charlies doom and gloom article?
https://www.windowscentral.com/hard...rk-leak-rivals-macbook-pro-with-m3-and-m3-pro
That's just more Geekbench scores. We've seen those.

Also, they're not very informative and reflect native performance but not that of emulated x86 code. It's easier to believe competitive performance of native code, especially when we see something in the same ballpark, from Apple.

Reactions: JarredWaltonGPU

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I dunno what SemiAnalysis is on about..
Just to give you the benefit of the doubt, SemiAccurate is the site mentioned in the article. SemiAnalysis is an unrelated substack which I linked.

Seems legit enough to me. Sounds to me like ... needs to retire and cut the hate. Probably on Apple's pay roll
Weirdly, SemiAccurate doesn't seem to have written anything about Apple for about 2.5 years. Anyway, Apple doesn't need him and I'm not sure why they would bother to pay someone like him, anyhow. If they felt a need to influence anyone, you'd think they'd payoff someone with a lot more followers.

Apr 25, 2024
Igor has a very disguised (but easily spotted) grudge against AMD, and a clear bias in favor of nVIDIA and to a lesser degree Intel, i often find his articles either downplay or try to slip past NV or Int wrongdoings/mistakes/failures, while at the same time overexaggerate or tries to make much more noise or put direct blame on AMD (or AMD related "X3D explosions") wrongdoings/mistakes/failures and does the exact opposite to achievements of the 3 brands. While he does do good in-depth review of some products, one has to be wary of "his" allegiances when taking direct perf numbers into account.

PD: maybe is just me being overly wary, as i find him just slightly more...controlled and level headed than JTC (same as Igor but worse/more evident) or MLID (JTC-Igor's opposite), but at the same time far more dangerous as he clearly has a much more professional/technically deep knowledge/site/articles than those others.
igorslab.de has been doing pretty well, since its founder (Igor Wallossek; forum user: FormatC) parted ways with this site. I find the articles on there & computerbase.de are quite readable, via Google Translate.