Question RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio PSU and Amazon

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Hi. I recently purchased one of these cards. I am curious as to whether or not I should get a 750 W Psu or 850 W psu. I currently run a ryzen 5 2600 on a x470 Gaminh Plus by MSI, but will be getting a 5800x when the new bios for my mobo is released in January.

Also, and somewhat more importantly, my order went through last night. But now, my order status says "not yet shipped" and "delivery status pending". What does that mean? They don't have stock and are waiting on it to show up from the manufacturer? Or did I get hosed?

Dec 10, 2020
Hi. I recently purchased one of these cards. I am curious as to whether or not I should get a 750 W Psu or 850 W psu. I currently run a ryzen 5 2600 on a x470 Gaminh Plus by MSI, but will be getting a 5800x when the new bios for my mobo is released in January.

Also, and somewhat more importantly, my order went through last night. But now, my order status says "not yet shipped" and "delivery status pending". What does that mean? They don't have stock and are waiting on it to show up from the manufacturer? Or did I get hosed?

I actually got in on that same batch as you on Amazon for the same card last night around 12am pst. Been doing EVERYTHING. (Ironically, without really trying, lucked in to a PS5 just after it's launch.) Got the same message as you. I did notice before fanatically checking out it said something about being in stock on Jan. 3rd. Also, a smaller notice stating something to the effect that they are switching suppliers for this and that is the reason why they are not sure exactly when. My guess, it will probably ship a little bit earlier than Jan 3rd and that it's definitely fully legit through Amazon (though did find it odd that Amazon marked it up by $60). I'll keep you posted on my end of any news, would be great if you could update with the same. Congrats!

Reactions: bpanugget

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
I actually got in on that same batch as you on Amazon for the same card last night around 12am pst. Been doing EVERYTHING. (Ironically, without really trying, lucked in to a PS5 just after it's launch.) Got the same message as you. I did notice before fanatically checking out it said something about being in stock on Jan. 3rd. Also, a smaller notice stating something to the effect that they are switching suppliers for this and that is the reason why they are not sure exactly when. My guess, it will probably ship a little bit earlier than Jan 3rd and that it's definitely fully legit through Amazon (though did find it odd that Amazon marked it up by $60). I'll keep you posted on my end of any news, would be great if you could update with the same. Congrats!

Nice, congrats to you too. Yup, I remember seeing the January 3rd date prior to getting through checkout, but it was a frantic blur of smashing "buy now". I'll remember this post and message you if my status updates.

Dec 10, 2020
So Amazon Customer Support said yes, it's from them directly, we have a confirmed order (meaning they won't be rescinding it like some other sites have in the past), they have the right to raise prices on based on demand but that our price is locked in and that she has no further info as to when they will be receiving their stock (she couldn't find anything on her end referring to Jan 3rd. Soo. fingers crossed as to time but know that product and price are locked down. Best and hope to hear something soon!

Reactions: bpanugget

FarmerFran

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I paid $820. So $60 over MSRP. I'm 100% ok with that, so long as the card actually shows up before the middle of January. Like you said, the 3080 situation is a cluster %$@& . If spending an extra 60 bones and waiting a month means no more f5 spamming or frantically looking at my phone whenever there's an alert, I'm totally cool with it.

But that's where I'm nervous- will I get a card? The order is legit, it went through. I'm just not used to the "delivery status pending" . I hope it just means they're just waiting for stock from MSI to fulfill orders.
Man I have to ask, how did you score a 3080 for $820.. best I can see for the last few weeks was ~$1200-1500!

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
Man I have to ask, how did you score a 3080 for $820.. best I can see for the last few weeks was ~$1200-1500!

I've been noticing that the Amazon drops are happening at 2am to 4am EST. I'm currently doing a 2pm to 11pm shift at work, so when I get home, I stay up late. I have been leaving my phone near me, waiting for alerts. Last night, I got one as I was looking at my phone, hit the link, and started smashing "buy it now" on the Amazon app. I got lucky and it went through. I didn't even know what card it was or how much it was until looking at the order page. I just got lucky with the purchase and that it was from Amazon and not some blood sucking 3rd party.

If you're using the Twitter stock bots, you might want to checkout "bro bot" on this app called Telegram. The bot doesn't pick up as many drops, but when it does, it's faster than Discord and Twitter.

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
So Amazon Customer Support said yes, it's from them directly, we have a confirmed order (meaning they won't be rescinding it like some other sites have in the past), they have the right to raise prices on based on demand but that our price is locked in and that she has no further info as to when they will be receiving their stock (she couldn't find anything on her end referring to Jan 3rd. Soo. fingers crossed as to time but know that product and price are locked down. Best and hope to hear something soon!

Excellent. That was the information I couldn't get out of the reps I talked to earlier. One even told me that my order was "cancelled' and when I responded with "will a card ship to me once they are in stock", he said "yes" 🙄.

There may have been a language barrier.

Well, it's good to hear that the cards will be coming at some point. I'll hold off on Cyberpunk until that 3080 is seated in my rig.

Thank you for the info. If I hear anything on my end, I'll let you know.

Dec 10, 2020
Excellent. That was the information I couldn't get out of the reps I talked to earlier. One even told me that my order was "cancelled' and when I responded with "will a card ship to me once they are in stock", he said "yes" 🙄.

There may have been a language barrier.

Well, it's good to hear that the cards will be coming at some point. I'll hold off on Cyberpunk until that 3080 is seated in my rig.

Thank you for the info. If I hear anything on my end, I'll let you know.

Just got an update via email and on Amazon's site. Estimated Delivery date Dec. 26th. Though from what is have seen from other the ordered from Amazon it can be earlier!

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
What part of the country are you in? I'm in LA.

New York. Not the city... I'm about 6 hours north in the boondocks, near the Adirondack mountains. Not close to a distribution center. I called Amazon again and got the same story- it's not in stock, and I'll get an email when it is. You getting a shipping date makes me feel somewhat better about it though- they are honoring the backorders. But until that email comes, it's going to drive me nuts. I've been trying to get a card for 2 months.

Jan 2, 2021
Just received notification that my card has Shipped. Here Tomorrow! How goes with your order?
I ordered the same item on 12/9 and it still says not yet shipped. Tried calling them twice but they can't do anything about it and don't know when it will be in. Did you receive your card on Dec 17?

Jan 6, 2021
I'm in the same boat. Ordered the same card from the 12/9 drop on Amazon. Still no delivery date, but hopefully soon. There is another thread on reddit full of people who bought the same card and they are receiving them one by one so I'm not concerned. Just Anxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.