Question Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ is not working in main PCIe slot ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

digows

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Hello everyone,

I'm encountering a peculiar issue with my new PC build and could use some advice. Here's my current setup:

- GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+
- Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
- CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
- PSU: MSI MAG A650BN
- RAM: 32GB (2x16) Kingston Fury DDR4 3200 CL16
- Storage: Intel SSD 660p 1TB (currently removed, so no storage)

Problem: When I insert the GPU into the main PCIe slot, which is a 16-lane slot, the system does not start and keeps rebooting in a loop without any display output. However, if I place the GPU into the second PCIe slot, everything works fine, and I can access the BIOS without any issues. Interestingly, an older GPU works fine in both the first and second slots.

- The BIOS is up to date.
- Aftermarket parts

I'd appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this issue, as I would like to utilize the main PCIe slot for maximum performance. Thank you in advance for your help!

Solution
I am sorry for all the confusion.
My video card is fully connected by 2 x 6+2 pcie cables.
But my CPU connected only by 8 out of 12 available and my PSU has only 8 pin connector for cpu

Thats not an issue at all, the extra 4 pin cpu power connector is not a requirement really, not unless you use most powerfull AM4 cpu + overclocking with liquid nitrogen.

In page 29 of the moterboard manual shows you that you only need to plug the 8 pin EATX12V_1 (https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI/E15236_TUF_GAMING_X570-PLUS_WI-FI_UM_WEB_060319.pdf?model=TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)).

Two things you can try:

1. Go into the BIOS look for "GPU PCI-E mode" (or something similar to that) and...