News Thermaltake's $1300 Gaming Chair: Not Just for Gamers

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Honestly, I do not understand these high-end gaming chairs. They are all quite literally made for intense pain. The best chairs, and I have been through quite a few, have a floating adjustable tension back, along with a base that tits slightly when the back tilts. This small amount of motion in the back of the seat is just enough to create blood flow to the vertebrae and avoid pain due to circulation cutoff. It's not an issues if you are under 30, but any older than that and the back pain will start to kick in after a few months and you'll wonder wtf is going and and what is causing the problem. Hint: It is the gaming chair with the adjustable-but-fixed-position back. Give me a spring-loaded back and a big fat soft cushion for my skinny little butt... or get lost.

Reactions: thisisaname

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
All that money and the arm rests just look small and uncomfortable.
Because it's literally that same garbage you see on DXRacer and other gaming chairs, that if you relax your arms against long enough, presses into them, cuts off circulation into that area, which darkens over time...

If one has back problems, stay away or get rid of the one you're using, and get a good office chair or one of those Herman Millers on liquidation or something.
Even if one doesn't have back problems now, don't get 'em when you're old either.

Jan 9, 2022
Herman miller used to have a practice where instead of fixing a color mismatch on an order, they would build an entirely new chair and let employees buy them at a GREATLY discounted price and if no one took it they pushed them out to the resale shops where they are sold for half price. I got an embody from a friend who works there for $200. Best $200 I ever spent.

FrozenGerbil

Honorable
May 30, 2017
I previously bought this E700: Style and Appearance: 5 stars. Build quality: 5 stars. Long-duration seat comfort: 2 stars. Back support and ergonomics: 0.5 to 1 star. Extremely firm armrest pads that you usually find on $70 office chairs: 0 stars. :-( RMA returned in the end...

The E700 looks better and is built a lot better than Secretlab's 2022 Titan Evo overhyped overpriced crap. But for a similar price range as the E700, Herman Miller has several chairs that would TOTALLY kick the E700's azz for comfort and ergonomics. And the overhyped chairs from Secretlab and Razer could not even enter the boxing ring with those Herman Miller chairs. This E700 would enter the boxing ring but get immediately knocked out by Herman Miller, Steelcase, or Haworth chairs.

The E700's arm pads literally feel like the external vinyl is just wrapped around hard plastic, without any foam or gel cushion underneath, which is inexcusable for a $1200-$1300 chair.

The E700's backrest can lock into reclining angles, which is nice to have. But the main problem with its backrest is that at its most upright position, the backrest still leans back about 6 to 8 degrees as if you are sitting in a dentist chair (dentist chairs also still lean back even in their most upright position). So if you like to sit upright with great vertical posture in the E700, it feels like you are sitting on a bar stool because the entirety of your back never comes into contact with the backrest, so there is no back support and no lumbar support. There is a slight curved contour in the backrest that looks like lumbar support, but it is located too low to fill into any adult's lumbar curve. If you always lean your back into the backrest at its most upright, but still reclined, position, you will destroy your back, spine, and posture due to the E700's very poor ergonomics. The same thing happens in chairs made by Secretlab, Razer, and DXRacer - sitting in all these chairs for 8+ hours every day will destroy your back.