Discussion Undervolt of a 3070 may cause brownout (Resolved - CMOS Battery Replaced, no problem with Undervolt)

May 5, 2024
Hello everyone.

After formatting and reinstalling Windows on my PC to do some cleaning, I noticed that the PC when put to sleep, it no longer turns on. Once you press the power button, the normal boot phase starts, and after a while the fans start to go up in turns, as if you were in the BIOS, and the screen turns black. So the only solution is to turn off the PC from the power button and after restarting it, the software obviously tells me that the PC turned off incorrectly.

After some research, I saw that the problem is the undervolt I did at my 3070 and that maybe the PC does in the brownout phenomenon when it tries to turn on. I tried several profiles for undervolt, but nothing to do, same problem. However, I load the current one to see if it can be improved.
Imagine
In case someone who knows how to recommend me a good profile, even if I know that nothing will change.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Might want to use this is a guideline, though another thing you could do is gradually work your way down until you hit a stability wall.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024
CPU: 10700K
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE x2 LL120
Motherboard: ASUS Z-490P
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro x4 8GB
SSD/HDD: x2 Sabrent Rocket 1TB; x1 Toshiba HDD Sata 2.5"
GPU: RTX 3070
PSU: Corsair CX750 (2-3 years ? "I don't remember well")
Chassis: Corsair Carbide 275R
Monitor: Samsung C27JG52 2560x1440 144Hz
BIOS: latest version