Info Watching all the ads you WILL!!! YouTube getting frisky about ad blockers now it seems

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like google is getting ready to wage war on blocking ads in youtube

not seen any info as to when/where it is happening or any such plans to bring it specific places. i assume this is for the various plug-ins that block ads before/after/during a video. looking on with interest as to how effective it will be or if they can even tell all the ways to block ads currently out there.

no chance it will make me want to pay for ad free, but it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

I mostly watch Youtube while driving so I have to pay for the Premium, by fear that the stupid ads would put my life in danger.

Imagine that when I'm driving at 80mph and an ads pops up telling me how to improve my performance in bed :ROFLMAO:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i use NewPipe on mobile. no ads before/during/after videos and works great. worth checking out if you use youtube on mobile like many of us do.

works using the embedding api which does not insert ads. it's nice to start a 2 hour podcast and know i don't have to worry about any ads interrupting my time. :)

i'm assuming this won't be part of this crackdown since it is their own api being used and not some extension. but who knows.....

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Problem is that YT content makers earn money from ads too, if you block the ads they won't earn money and they eventually stop making content.
Not so sure about this… Mr. Beast claims to have spent $3 million on his last video and generated around $200K in revenue from YouTube with 100 million views at the time.