What are some websites forums where you can joke and chat and the rules/mods are relaxed?

Mar 23, 2024
A popular site

Ideally one you ask questions on

I keep getting banned from reddit for just wanting the joy of laughter not even in a trolling way either, its a bit ridiculous I remember a time where u could chat as much as u like online and bans were rare jokes were frequent now its all control control control

So what sites do you recommend?

Reddit?
MMA sites?
Gamming forums?
4chan?
etc

Mar 23, 2024
lol will give it a try

dont u need to be super popular to get a response tho?

how does it work?

It seems like mods control the world at this point, there r not many big sites and of the big sites all are controlled by mods that work for free and have tyrannical control over the entire globe, in which they use that power to make you restricted, grovel, and then get banned

USAFRet

Titan
lol will give it a try

dont u need to be super popular to get a response tho?
how does it work?
X is just Twitter, renamed.

To your question...

Most forum sites allow "jokes".
But also, they have rules.
And those rules vary. Allowable at Site A is not allowable at Site B.

Unlikely you'll find a site that allows "anything and everything".
And if you do, you'd likely not stay very long.
'everything' includes content that you'll probably not like. At all.

Mar 23, 2024

To your question...

Interesting dynamic on free speech vs the success of a website

Mar 23, 2024

To your question...

Ok Ill watch a tutorial on you tube on how to tweet or rather how to X

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Free speech is a government thing, in terms of infringement. So unless the forum is managed by the government, free speech doesn't really apply.

Forums have a responsibility to enforce standards and norms for conduct, else they become pure chaos and no one will use them.

USAFRet

Titan
Interesting dynamic on free speech/ the success of a website
"free speech" vs "private company"

Some site that allows "anything and everything" would very quickly be taken over by prolific trolls. Posting all sorts of VERY offensive content (whatever your definition of 'offensive' is).

And crowding out normal people and discussion.

You would not believe the amount of spam and trolls some sites get, that are blocked or deleted before the normal users see it.

Reactions: COLGeek
Web sites and forums are a bit like say for example a hobby your interested in so you join the local club.
Some are good and some are ... dont do this ... dont do that and in a lot of them your not allowed to have an opinion or out you go .

When a well know celebrity passed away i went on a web site she used a lot and posted a thread about what happened to me when i was trolled ( thats what pushed her over the edge ) .. the thread was delete and so was my account.

Forums are exactly the same .... On one forum a guy trolled me and published user names , game tags and every forum name i had ever used , he even posted all my steam game tags... the editor refused to delete what he was posting so i gave him a load of abuse because i knew when i got banned he would remove all my postings and anything else i had taken part in so why did he refuse to do it in the first place.

Steam discussions pages are very buddy buddy , some moderators will get you banned just for challenging what somebody has said ... i got a life time ban on one of the discussion pages because somebody said i was continually flaming .... i still look at that particular games discussions and it seems like a certain number of players can say and do what they want and the moderators do nothing.

Last edited: