Question Windows Server 2008 couldn't install updates ?

ILI-BIG

Prominent
Feb 12, 2023
I can't install latest updates for Windows Server 2008. It says:
" The digital signature of the object did not verify, install encountered an error: 0x80096010 "

How can i fix this?

I want to install latest updates. When updates installed i will install them to my Vista laptop. So laptop will become more useful
So you're trying to update your laptop that was running Vista (also EOL) with Windows Server 2008 (as mentioned earlier also EOL)?

Server 2008 stopped being supported in 2020. You're going to be better off purchasing a low-end laptop to use that is running either Windows 10 or 11 and avoid the hassle of trying to update a machine that is outdated on every level.

ILI-BIG

Prominent
Feb 12, 2023
Server 2008 stopped being supported in 2020. You're going to be better off purchasing a low-end laptop to use that is running either Windows 10 or 11 and avoid the hassle of trying to update a machine that is outdated on every level.
I m using vista because i love so much. Actually laptop can run windows 11 smoothly but i don't like windows 11 design

Ralston18

Titan
What are the specific design issues with using Windows 11?

Trying to go backwards via Windows Server 2008 and/or Vista is only going to put you further behind.

Plus why give up smooth laptop performance via Window 11 for an OS that will degrade performance?

Make an effort to work with Windows 11 and avoid present and future problems.