How Do I Change My Windows Live ID Username or Password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How Do I Change My Windows Live ID Username or Password?

Windows 8 allows users to log on to the computer either using a local account that has been created on that particular PC, or using the Microsoft account that they have created previously. From time to time, this may need to be changed.

How to Change Windows Live ID Username or Password in Windows 8

Follow the simple, step-by-step instructions provided below:

■Log on to Windows 8 computer with the account whose Windows live ID username or password is to be changed.
    ■Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go to the desktop.
    ■Once on the desktop screen, click Internet Explorer icon from the taskbar.
    ■On the opened Internet Explorer, type the following link https://login.live.com in the address bar, and press Enter.
    ■On the opened webpage, specify the current Windows live ID and password in the available fields.
    ■Once specified, click Sign in.
    ■On Microsoft account page, make sure that Overview category is selected from the left pane.
    ■From the right pane, click Rename account under Account summary.
    ■From the right pane of the next page, make sure that Create a new email address radio button is selected under Rename your Microsoft account.

95-createanewemailaddress_tha_us_1365774988.png

■Specify the new Windows live ID in New Microsoft account field, and desired domain from the drop-down list.
    ■Click Save to save the provided information.
    ■On You’ve changed your Microsoft account page, click OK.
    ■Once done, on the next page, login again with the newly created Windows live ID and current password.
    ■On Microsoft account page, make sure that Overview category is selected from the left pane.
    ■From the right pane, click Changed password under Password and security info.
    ■From the right pane of the next page, populate the fields with the appropriate values.

95-populatefields_tha_us_1365774987.png

■Once done, click Save to save the modified changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.