The new Mail app that comes with Windows 10 is pretty good at managing communications. It not only handles Outlook mail accounts but can also sync with Gmail and other email accounts. It works fast, is quite intuitive and can skip between mail and calendar quickly and easily. If you want to add or delete accounts in Mail app in Windows 10, here is how you do it.
Add an email account to the Mail app in Windows 10
If you haven’t used the Mail app before, you will be pleasantly surprised. It is pretty slick and works better than many of the other bundled apps. If you’re new to the Mail app you will see the Welcome screen after the first step. If you already have a mail account, you will see the Add account option.
1. Click on the mail app or type or paste ‘mail’ into the Search Windows box.
2. Click on ‘Get started’ or ‘Add account’ depending on which screen you see.
3. Click on the cog icon in the bottom of the left pane and select Add account on the right.
4. Select the email type and follow the instructions on the screen. The process differs slightly by account type but essentially involves adding your email address and password and then authorizing the Mail app to sync with your email provider.
The email account should now appear in the Mail app.
Delete an email account to the Mail app in Windows 10
Deleting an email account is simple.
1. Open the Mail app and select the cog in the bottom of the left pane.
2. Click on the email account you want to delete in the right pane.
3. Select Delete account in the window that appears and confirm by clicking Delete when prompted.
More Windows tutorials you might like:
How to change sync frequency of the Windows 10 Mail app
How to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10 built-in apps
How to Turn On or Off the Game Bar in Windows 10