If you have seen the error ‘The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem’, you’re not alone. Quite a few upgraders to Windows 10 and general users have come across this issue, but help is at hand. Here’s how to fix missing msvcp110.dll error on Windows 10 once and for all!
The file, msvcp110.dll is a Visual C++ DLL file that is referenced by quite a few applications. It is one of the reasons this error is so widespread. The other reason is that the library was not included in the Windows 10 download even though it is regarded as a critical file. Fortunately, the file is available as a separate download from Microsoft.
Fix the missing msvcp110.dll error on Windows 10
1. Navigate to the Windows Download Center for the redistributable.
2. Download the file and execute it once fully downloaded.
3. The file contains msvcp110.dll and will either replace it or overwrite a corrupted version.
This should stop the missing msvcp110.dll error on Windows 10 in its tracks. Any program that uses the file should now work properly. On occasion, a program may require a different version of it. If you’re lucky, the program will tell you which one.
Download different versions of Visual C++ files
1. Navigate to the latest Visual C++ downloads page.
2. Find the file version your application is asking for.
3. Repeat the steps above to download and install the file.
4. Retry the program.
The error should now no longer appear.
Other Windows 10 troubleshooting tutorials you might like:
How to fix the runtime broker high CPU usage error in Windows 10
How to fix Failed Windows 10 install - C1900101-4000D error message
How to Re-register the Store in Windows 10