How To 

How to fix the "GTA San Andreas requires at least DirectX 9 or above" error.

Hello people of tomshardware!

I've seen a fair amount of people running into an issue on newer, windows 10 PC's.
GTA San Andreas and other older games, will not start, due to a DirectX error.

People are saying that you need to rename a dll file, but not all of the people have this dll for some reason. I am not saying that this doesn't work, it just doesn't work for everyone, including myself.

Some games will start however, but crash almost instantly. I've not been able to find a good, clear tutorial on how to fix this. However, it's an easy fix and it won't take too long.

Alright, lets get started. The first thing you want to do is open your control panel.
5uLpkTJFSa69l_7CJDH7Mw.png

In the control panel, make your way over to programs, in the bottom left, then click "programs and features" in the top of the screen.

In the left side of your screen, you will see this, click "Turn windows features on or off"
ktHntbieRci-N0Wnr5qYgQ.png

This will open a list of windows features, make you way over to "Legacy Components" and click the little plus sign. Tick the box next to Directplay and click on "OK"

AaiuP2YTRnWIkA2mH7uXqA.png

This will open another window, wait for the process to complete and try to run your game.

Your game should now start and run fine, I hope this tutorial helped you!

Reactions: asif0194
Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.