Windows 10 error 0xc004f014 is an activation error that indicates your computer cannot contact Microsoft’s Key Management Service (KMS) to validate your copy of Windows. There are a couple of things you can try to address this which I’ll cover here. So if you need to fix Windows 10 error 0xc004f014, here is what you need to do.
There are a couple of ways to address this error. You will need a valid Windows product key, access to a phone and a working internet connection.
Fix Windows 10 error 0xc004f014
Like many of the errors we cover here on Tom’s Hardware, error 0xc004f014 takes a little patience to overcome. Assuming you have a legitimate copy of Windows, you should have no issue solving this error.
1. Open a CMD window as an administrator.
2. Type or paste ‘slui 4’.
3. Select your country and call the number for the automated activation system.
4. Enter your valid Windows key and copy the Installation ID the system provides.
5. Let Windows activate.
Give the system a few hours to activate before doing anything else. If it doesn’t work, try this:
1. Re-install Windows and then upgrade to the same version of Windows 10.
2. Add this code during installation: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T. It’s a generic key provided by Microsoft.
3. Log into Windows with your Microsoft account and verify your identity.
4. Navigate to Settings, Update & Security, Activation.
5. Hit ‘Change product key’ and enter your legitimate Windows key from your previous edition.
Give the system a chance to activate, a day or two at the most.
More Windows tutorials you might like:
How to remove password login in Windows 10
How to block a program in Windows Firewall
How to become an administrator in Windows 10