Product registration is often a waste of time, just an excuse for manufacturers to capture user data and bombard you with marketing messages. However, with an expensive product that you may require warranty help with, registering is well worth doing. Here is how to register your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1.
If you bought your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 direct from Dell online, you will already be registered as your details will already be linked to the product. If you bought it from a retail store, you need to register in order to benefit from Tech Support and any further help you might need.
Register your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1
The product registration process is pretty painless even if you do have to part with quite a bit of personal information.
1. Visit the Dell Product Registrations website.
2. Enter your Service Tag and the country where you purchased your Dell XPS 13 2-in-1. Then hit Next.
3. Enter your name, address and email. You can add your phone if you like but that is optional. Click Next.
4. The next page is purely optional except the primary use. Why they care whether you want your laptop for business or personal, I don’t know, but they do.
5. Feel free to ignore all other questions and select No to marketing emails.
6. Click Register.
Any form entry marked with an asterisk ‘*’ is mandatory. All other parts of the form are optional.
A confirmation email will be sent to the address you used to register confirming everything. Dell currently say that the registration process takes between 10 and 15 days, presumably as they are verified by hand. This should not affect any support or warranty claim should you need one in the intervening time.
Registration is required for some aspects of the warranty and for if you need Dell Technical Support at any time. For an investment like the Dell XPS 13 2-in-1, it is well worth the five minutes it takes to register. Just make sure to select No for marketing emails as Dell love to try to sell you stuff!