Archos

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Archos.
  1. G

    Computer not on workgroup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I have a Windows XP Pro machine that is not seeing the workgroup, but is still getting Internet access. I've tried a bunch of different things to get it to join the workgroup, but with no success. I'm ready to start...
  2. O

    First Pc build for gaming

    I am looking into building my first gaming pc I want it to be mid to high end and wondering if anyone has any different opinions to the parts I have chosen. Cpu: intel i5 4670k Gpu: radeon r9 280x Motherboard: asus z87-a usb 3.0 Psu: corsair gs600 Ram: corsair vengeance 8gb DDR3 HDD...
  3. L

    Command Prompt to show Devices on Network

    I am running windows 7 HP. We have about 10 devices in one office and 5 devices connected thru a VPN..... When i hooked everything up 4 weeks ago I could see all the devices in the main office and the remote office connected thru the VPN (In the Network Folder that lists everything connected)...
  4. C

    Hacking

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?) What kind of hacks are being used in the field? I generally go on secured servers, so I expect all players to be hack-free, but I'm not sure if they all are. There are some really good players out (I guess I'm about...
  5. G

    Gigabit Router, Powerline Adapter

    I just installed a Linksys EA2700 N600 wireless router with gigabit ethernet ports. I connected one of the ports to a Zyxel 200 Mbps powerline networking adapter. My tests show that I am getting 100Mbps at the other end of the powerline adapater. My expectation was that I would get the full...
  6. N

    initialize solid state hybrid drive

    I have Windows 7. I bought a Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive to put in an external enclosure. I connected it to my computer using a USB3 port and cable. When i try to initialize it, I get an error message "Data error (cyclic redundancy check)." How do I fix this and initialize it or is it...
  7. B

    "Local Area Connection" does not have a valid IP configuration

    Hey, As the message suggests, I am having troubles with my wired connection, receiving the "Local Area Network" does not have a valid IP configuration. I have already checked out the driver for my Realtek 8111F port, and it is up to date after receiving its own error of being asleep. Now it is...
  8. M

    Got Nibiru

    Archived from groups: (More info?) Got Nibiru today at EB. I haven't had a chance to install it yet. No one answered my post from last week when I asked if anyone bought it yet. Paula, what about you? You always said how much you liked Black Mirror and its from the same developers. The...
  9. A

    compatibility between asus p8h67m-le and core i5 3470?

    Hello everyone, I have an Asus P8H67M-LE motherboard with an i3 2100 processor, and it works fine. Both of them are 2nd generation. The fact is I need a little bit more calculation power and a friend of mine is offering to exchange my processor for this i5 3470 3rd generation processor. The...
  10. M

    Mistress Dratha

    Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?) Hi! I'm following a strategy guide for the main quest (because I am a noob who is doing it for the first time!). I am supposed to talk to Mistress Dratha in Tel Branora, although the guide is very poorly described (even with the usage of...
  11. G

    Media Center PC from Best Buy

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) Has anyone purchased a computer from Best Buy and had problems registering with gateway? I just purchased an 820GM and it says to register at Gateway but that model is not listed. So far I have spent 5 hours on the phone with...
  12. K

    [SOLVED] Iomega hard drive not recognized mac

    Hello, my iomega, 1 tb, firewire drive stopped being recognized out of the blue yesterday. The machine is making strange noises when it runs, so it seems like a hardware problem... Any solutions?
  13. C

    Securom question, is it really dangerous?

    I'm getting a new gaming pc that cost me a lot of danero and wouldn't want to see it get damaged because I installed a game with trojans and viruses. My question , is everything I've seen on the internet true about securom and other security software damaging PCs I wanted to buy some games for...
  14. A

    Dimemsion 8250 upgradeable???

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I have a Dell Dimension 8250 P4 2.4 Ghz 533FSB. Whats the fastest processor I could put in it? Which chip? What about hyper threading tech? what ever that is. This one...
  15. E

    Blurry in fullscreen sharp in windowed mode

    So my monitor's native rez is 1920 x 1080p @60hz, i set all my games at this standard. I'm using a 9800 GT never have had problems with it. I installed Civ5 via steam AND problems occur. So when i set to the native rez everything looks like it has jagged edges im talking menu's and text here not...
  16. G

    system uptime

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Any recommendations for a utility that will give system uptime? I use NEWT Freeware which works great over a network and gives other info too, but something simpler is needed by a colleague. I can't recall what I...
  17. G

    Latitude C400 networking problem

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi, I have a problem with my Latitude C400: after gprs software installation the system crash and if I try to install a new modem or unistall gprs it appens the same..... After this network sources too don't work properly, sometimes I...
  18. A

    Problem in switching between windows !

    hi I had a win xp sp3 installed on drive c hdd 1 and i installed win 8 on drive d hdd 2 (more info: hdd 1 is master, hdd2 is slave) now i cant login into my xin xp ! there is no selection or boot selective menu! i think win 8 changed my xp too !! i critically need to login into my xp...
  19. G

    Best cheap raid controller

    Hi, i have a X58a-ud5 vers2 motherboard. i have a raid-0 of 2 raptor WD5000BHTZ on the SATA3 Marvell SE9128. i wanna know if i can get better performance on a cheap raid controller. i already get an average of 200/mb write and 240/mb read. on bench32. Thx
  20. C

    can my powersupply enough if im going to add a videocard r9 270?

    Processor: Intel i5-4570 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WiFi Memory: Kingston Hyper-X DDr3-1600 8GB*1 Harddisk: WD 1TB Black Optical: Pioneer DVR-S21LBK Cooling: CoolerMaster Seidon 120M Chassis: CoolerMaster Elite 130 Mini-ITX PowerSupply: CoolerMaster...