Codec

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Codec.
  1. G

    Opinions on ~$1000 custom build?

    This is what I currently have in my gaming build. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/C6qcgs I have already purchased the CPU, motherboard, RAM, SSD, and GPU. Any suggestions for improvement on the rest of the components of the build? I'm maxing my budget already but may be able to find some leeway up to...
  2. J

    Gaming Computer Build

    Hi i'm building a gaming computer and wanted your insight on some of the parts. Tower - $70 ENERMAX Ostrog GT ECA3280A-BR Black/Red Processor - $200 Intel Core i5-4590 Haswell Quad-Core 3.3GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I54590 Mobo - $168 MSI Z97-GAMING 7...
  3. E

    Laptop won't boot from genuine windows vista

    My laptop charger died a while back and I didn't have chance to reinstall a broken windows. I believe it's formatted but when I attempt to load from CD I just get a black screen. In the bios I have disabled the HDD which then bring up the screen telling me that the disc inside isn't a bootable...
  4. K

    Intel ssd 730 480 & 240 gb raid 0 ?

    Hi all, i am new on forum , and need your help :) . Recently i upgraded my workstation to 4960x and sabertooth x79 and 4x4gb beast kingston. I would like to ask i've got already kingston ssd 730model with 240gb, in few days another 480gb 730 model will arrive in my rig. I am using those ssd's...
  5. H

    Will I be able to reuse this Compaq Presario SR1830NX shell for a custom PC build?

    I'm looking to basically gut everything except the DVD drive and put all new parts in it. I'm assuming I'll be giving up newer features such as USB 3.0 and other stuff that I don't know of since I'm relatively new to the scene. I know that it's an ATX form factor for the MoBo that came with it...
  6. R

    Budget gaming PC, $900

    I will use this computer for everyday computer use and games like Diabalo III, but want to play other games in the future. Trying to keep the price around $900 http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Ralob101/saved/BJCrxr I have 2 sets of Ram and only need one, but not sure which one is better. I like the...
  7. I

    Stuck between 2 Gigabyte motherboards to buy.

    I need help deciding which mobo I should buy for my first gaming pc build. They are both the same price but I'm not too tech knowledgeable. My current power supply is 600W if it matters and my case is a Corsair Carbide 500r. I plan on using a i5-4670k cpu, kingston blu 8gb ram, and put on a gtx...
  8. C

    Best cleaning products for circuit boards

    So it's about that time, for me to crack open the old pc and give it a deep clean. I have enough canned air for the job but need something a little extra to really scrub her down. It seems that there is always a film of dust left over on my motherboard, graphics cards, sound card, etc. There...
  9. thisnamehasalreadybeentaken

    xbox one,ps4 guess the gpu debate ??

    i don't know if they have already revealed this info but what do you think i could just find out ram,other shit like memory space usb slots what do you think?
  10. M

    games that are playable on this computer

    Hello guys I want to know that my PC will support which of the GPU Ecs g31t - m5 Core 2 duo e7500 4gb ram Gpu (plz suggest any) Games I want to play are-: Cod ghosts ,bf4,NFS rivals, watch dogs And my pcie is 1.0 I want to play smoothly not any type of screen resolution is recommended And my...
  11. J

    ssd firmware update before os installation?

    I was wondering if I absolutely need to update the firmware of my new SSD before I install the Windows 8.1 OS. It will be my only storage drive on the computer so it would be a pain to upgrade to the newest firmware? is it absolutely necessary to do so before i install the OS? or could i just...
  12. S

    monitor not displaying stuff-faulty gpu?

    ok so the issue is that the monitor is turned on but it is not displaying what it is supposed to. this is the case when it is connected to my nvidia 9600gt; the system boots and all the fans are working(including the one on the gpu). when i switch to onboard graphics it works fine, it also works...
  13. Joshontech

    Computer making a wining noise

    So I have just discovered a program called folding@home if you dont know what it is its a program that uses your computer to synthesize genetic code to find the cure for some diseases. I downloaded the program and installed and I decided I was going to ramp it up to full power (using both 100%...
  14. R

    what PSU + Ram Should i get

    OK I'm down to the final 2 things for my PC since i have no clue when it comes to ram and psu i would love your advice At the moment i shall be running: I7 4770k h105 corsair cooler z87 pro asus mobo r9 290 GPU I will be over clocker but not into the future and there will be extra's like...
  15. B

    Is everything in this build compatible?

    CASE - GIGABYTE GZ-F5HEB Black SECC Steel / ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811233073 PROCESSOR ( And video card ) - AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AMD Radeon HD...
  16. T

    Can't figure out which GPU is better

    Hi all, trying to figure out what GPU to install in my new build. I'm looking in the 100-150 range. Based on benchmarks it looks like the Radeon 7850 would be my best option right now. But i also was looking at an HD7770, the difference is i cant find any reviews on the 7770 with 2GB, looks like...
  17. E

    Building My First Gaming PC, Need Advice

    Building A Gaming PC, First Time? Need Advice Never built a pc before or anything, but I'm sure as many of you know the elder scrolls online is released in April for PC so I wanted to build a gaming PC that would be able to cope with the game itself. I searched around a little and am wondering...
  18. C

    GTX650ti with GTX650tiboost?

    I'm looking to upgrade my GeForce GTX 650 ti to be able to run 1080p games more smoothly (eg.) Battlefield4, and newer games. Can I 2-way SLI my GTX 650 Ti with the GTX 650 Ti boost? If not what is my best bet? I just purchased my GTX 650 Ti in the summer so I don't want to waste that money...
  19. G

    Big Game / Co-Op Auction this SATURDAY in Buena Park / L.A.

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.pinball (More info?) Over 500 video games, pinballs, coinops, and more. Additional information and driving directions are here: http://www.cashmanauctions.com/upc_auc.html
  20. A

    Bluetooth device and Driver for dell inspiron 1564

    Hello, I want to share files via bluetooth hence I want to install Blutooth device and driver on my dell inspiron 1564. how can i do it?
  21. H

    Weird Hard drive problem

    My Harddrive 500GB (Toshiba dt01ac050 ata device) which install in the computer was working fine. But after around 3 weeks, one day, while i was playing a game, the game suddenly is not responding. The game file i store inside the 500GB (Toshiba dt01ac050 ata device) harddrive. I went to...
  22. J

    New Build Games Stop Responding

    Hey guys, I built a new gaming system about a month ago and I keep having an issue with my games not responding. Sometimes it happens 2 minutes into the game and sometimes 6+ hours in. Basically the game window will go black or sometimes it will minimize and then the window comes up that says...
  23. C

    Hp6480 driver window 7

    I downloaded from the HP site the drivers for the HP 6480 printer for Window 7. However the printer does not print. When I try a test page, it comes through the printer, but no print is on the page. The window on the printer showswhat looks like two ? marksabove the twoicons that looks like...
  24. G

    Iron golems

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?) Hey all, If I make an IG out of an Insight stick, will the IG get the meditation aura? And what about if I make it out of something with Chance to cast [spell] - will that transfer? The only thing I could find about this subject on the AS...
  25. I

    Windows 7 on startup after trying to Partiiton Hard disk with Spotmau 2009 show

    Dear Sir/Madam: I have brand a new Gateway NV50A with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I tried to partition the C Drive with 450GB to make another partition using Spotmau 2009. It displayed a window --that the system needs to restart for partioning. So I clicked on yes. After that it tried to...
  26. G

    chkdsk failure question.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I made a boo boo when I installed a second hard drive. I forgot to change the jumper to slave. I booted the computer and it hung up and sent me to chkdsk. Well the screen says it will perform three operations and it goes...
  27. B

    How to access my sound card mixer controls?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I need to access the sound card mixer controls to fix something for the Sound Recorder on my Windows XP.
  28. M

    Vaio drivers for windows 7

    Hello, i have a vaio VGN cr353 laptop and i want to upgrade its widows to win 7 how can i find and download its drivers for win 7?
  29. C

    I7 860 Refuses to Boot

    Just bought an i7 860 and got it installed. Went to turn on the computer, and I seem to get signal to the monitor, but no actual picture. Just pure black (no backlight). I reset the CMOS, and still get the same issue. Here are my specs: Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 2x 2GB ValueRam 1333 XFX 5770...
  30. O

    Will this setup run skyrim at ultra or atleast near that?

    Hello, i want to get a setup that will run skyrim at ultra for a cheap cost. Here are the components that ive come up with. I havent looked for a case yet because i dont know what it needs to have. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072...
  31. G

    E-1000

    Hello, i got a cisco router from shop and now i cannot connector cannot download the softwear.because it need password and i donot have
  32. G

    Question about exploring Windows

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Is there a way to get XP to *always* remember to display my files with "Details" instead of masses of ikons?? -- Regards, P D Sterling Antique DOS Person www.pdsterling.us
  33. G

    setting ram to 1066mhz in bios

    okay i recently just bought the following: mobo: asus m3a32-mvp deluxe wi-fi cpu: amd phenom 9850BE ram: 2 GB [1 GB X2] DDR2-1066 PC2 8500 Memory Module Corsair Dominator gfx: sapphire hd4870 512mb it runs fine in Call of Duty4, but in Team Fortress 2 it crashes about 2minutes into the game...
  34. G

    Word PErfect 11 saving problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) This is a long shot, but I am having an issue running Word Perfect 11 on Windows XP Pro SP2 with MS Office 2003. I don't know which is causing the issue, but the problem is the inability to be able to save or save...
  35. G

    DCC Probs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I hope someone can help with this, cuz I am slowly losing my hair from all the chunks I've pulled out in sheer frustration: I have 2 PCs, side by side. I set up a DCC between the two successfully. I set up, for testing, a...
  36. X

    EVGA 670 FTW

    Ok, so I have been searching high and low for a solution to my problem. I'm not entirley sure its the 670 but with all the talk about the bad batches you can understand. Its a black screen issue, but not like the ones ive found in other forums. It doesnt happen on boot or at any random time...
  37. G

    games site

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) This site www.freewebs.com/kevin10078 (go to the games section has a good sims unerversity review) You should really check it out!
  38. W

    5253

    hello have you board of samsungs 5253
  39. K

    Who should the AMD bulldozer x4 be married to?

    As the tittle say i am building a computer for my cousin.. Gaming computer ( only game he plays is WOW like myself) And his budget is tight. well not that tight. anyways the CPU i was thinking of getting him was the AMD Bulldozer x4 fx 4100.. now i am looking for advice on motherboard so many...
  40. B

    free anti verse protection for windows 7 on comaq laptop

    free anti verseand security for windows 7 on comaq laptop whats the best