Corsair Force

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Corsair Force.
  1. B

    please help CPU upgrade

    HI currently have a amd x2 2650e and was looking to upgrade to a amd x2 5050e. Could you tell me if it would be compatible. I took pics from my other computer running xp also read bottom. please read the bottom of this post starts the CPU I want ALSO IS THE AMD 5050e AM2 OR AM2+ Pics ...
  2. T

    Motherboard Error 29

    Hello, My Motherboard is a Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme My PC was having stability issues, I found the cause of it to be a bad power supply, I've replaced the power supply, plugged everything back up and now the PC wont post. According to the Debug LED its giving me an Error 29, which after...
  3. zeyads3

    how to start learning programming language? (no experience)

    i started with the code.org thing.. http://learn.code.org/hoc/1 i finished it, (no experience about programming) it was easy, then i started making an iPhone game https://www.makegameswith.us/build-an-ios-game-in-your-browser/ it was hard, so where can i start learning? step by step
  4. D

    Will any decent graphics cards work with my ancient motherboard?

    My motherboard is an ASRock 4 core 1600 GLAN http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/4Core1600-GLAN/ Basically it has an Intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33 GHz processor (which was amazing when i bought it, apparently) and is limited to 4GB of RAM (which I have installed, along with a sound card and a LAN...
  5. mrubaii123

    Best graphics card under $60

    What is a good card that can play games pre-2011 at 1280x1024 for $60 or less
  6. P

    RAM Upgrade Help Needed

    I have 3 PCs, and some various sticks of RAM. My ultimate goal is to bump the RAM in the main desktop to 8 GB. I have priced RAM to match what is installed currently, and it is running between $60 and $80. I would like to avoid that expense, and get the best bang for my buck. Using the...
  7. N

    Buying PC for friend

    Approximate Purchase Date: This week Budget Range: $4000 max System Usage from Most to Least Important: Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching videos HD Are you buying a monitor: Yes Do you need to buy OS: Yes Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any must accept Paypal or visa debit...
  8. parkour47

    Defragmentation Time Estimate

    Can somebody please give me an estimate on how long Disk Defrag should take? I need to get back to work on my PC soon, but have just finished uninstalling several programs (about 100GB worth), and feel as though it might be worth the interruption before I install replacement software for those...
  9. dicemorris

    Setup for Solidworks

    I was looking for a good setup for a rig to run solidworks well. It needs to have: CPU with sse2 support (intel xeon etc) a beefy fireGL(pro)/quadro graphics card at least 8gb of ram liquid cooling if possible regular beefy motherboard ssd/wd black hdd ~800w psu Thanks. The budget is 1000-1500
  10. G

    I'm going to build a gaming PC but will it all work?

    So I'm planning on building a computer in the near future, but I'm new to building computers so I have gotten slightly confused with all of the different details that I need to know about. The components are: CPU - AMD FX-6350 Motherboard - MSI 970A-G43 AMD 970 ATX Motherboard (PCI-E, Socket...
  11. J

    My AMD HD 6750 BSOD's when Overclocking

    I would like to overclock my GPU, to get better gaming performance, since I get fine GPU temperatures. 42 degrees after 5 minutes MSI kombustor full load. However, when I overclock using AMD Overdrive built into catalyst, or MSI Afterburner, by any margin, it blue screens every 20-200 ish...
  12. J

    Nvidia 660 ti not working with monitor

    I recently purchased an MSI Z87 XPower motherboard, Corsair AX1200i, and had a spare Nvidia 660 ti that I wanted to use, however; when powering up the system the monitor doesn't recognise the graphics card. I have made sure that all PCI express slots are on via the dip switch. I can see that the...
  13. A

    Disk Management?

    I added Two WD(74gb) HD's. Setup the array(Promise software) in stripped 0. OS is XP Pro. file NTFS Whats the best setup for the Disk? This is what I finished with: Disk #1, Basic the Partition is Primary path..D 138.49GB NTFS Healthy(active) Thanks for any input.
  14. G

    It's worse than that it's dead (maybe anyway)

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Hello. I've got a WD 250GB External USB/firewire hard drive that I bought just over a year ago (June 2004). It's worked fine up until today. I was watching a film, stored on the drive, through a remote computer on the local...
  15. C

    Adding another 4870x2

    Hello, Tiger direct has a 4870x2 for 150ish bucks question is should I get another one to crossfire with or upgrade to a newer card. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1126273&CatId=3669 The only cards around the 150$ price range wouldnt be an upgrade...
  16. S

    Bad Media or Bad DVD writer???

    I have a Benq 1610 from Christmas, and I bought a 200 pack Benq DVD+R at the same time. I start to notice most of the DVDs I write have cycle redundancy errors. I wrote another DVD with my laptop's DVD writer and it was a coaster as well. So I'm suspecious that my media is faulty. Is there a...
  17. sparky853

    IDE adaptor for Laptop HDD

    Anyone know where you can get one of these? I know I have seen them before but I can't seem to locate any right now? Are they still available? XP2800+, Abit NF7, 1GB Dual-Channel DDR333, ATI R9800PRO 128MB, TT PurePower 420W, LG DVD+-R/RW :redface: <font color=red>My wife says I suffer from...
  18. G

    NTFS convert gone bad

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) An (unattended) FAT32 to NTFS convert went bad and I have the task recovering the drive. I mounted the drive as the primary drive on the secondary IDE so the OS isn't writing to it. It is a Maxtor drive, the Maxtor utilities...
  19. G

    3-4k build - heavy gaming.

    Approximate Purchase Date: The end of this week. Budget Range:3-4k System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Video Editing, Surfing. Parts Not Required: Don't need a keyboard, mouse or monitor. Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg Parts Preferences: Full tower case, intel...
  20. R

    What is this component? "D-Link DHN-520"?

    I looked it up on google, and it said network interface card, but will it allow me to connect to wireless networks?
  21. G

    Recommended software to recover data from faulty hard drive?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) I would be interested to find a software solution to the problem of recovering data from a faulty hard disk. It would be very good if the software could analyse the driver and to some degree prevent the drive from crashing. The...
  22. J

    Firewire HD Problems

    Hi, I'm trying to get an external LaCie 120GB Firewire drive working with my Windows XP laptop. It's been really problematic, and I can't figure out if it's the drive, the formatting, or my using it on a Mac as well that is causing the issues. - Does anyone know of a Diagnostics Utility that...
  23. GoldenI

    Which to get - CM Silent Pro Gold 1000w, or Corsair HX850?

    I plan on purchasing a new PSU and maybe another graphics card when I get my tax return. However, I don't know which one would be better for me. I am leaning towards the CM Silent Pro Gold 1000W, however I saw a review at jonnyguru.com and he ruled out that the CM psus tend to have a "ripple" in...
  24. G

    System says hard drive can't be found

    Hello, I've tried installing the xp operating system afresh and it still tells me hard drive can't be found
  25. M

    SATA with RAID 0

    I want to buy 2 new HD with 80GB or a little less, i dont need more, and put it on RAID 0 I just dont know which one to buy. Can u help me? Thx
  26. L

    MY first raid setup

    Hello to all and thanks for any info you have on this matter. Well I just finished my first D.T.Y. project, I am using 2 seagate 120gb serial drives connected to a onboard promise controller{MB P4C800 ASUS}. I have run into a couple of stop error with my OS{XP PRO} 1) error in ntfs.sys 2) page...
  27. S

    HDD making sound, not constant

    I know there was another post about this, but I have more detail, for one, I know its the HD, this grinding sound only happens when windows is loading, it doesn't happen at boot, but the weird thing is that the grinding sound stops after 4-5 minutes.. then it seems to be working fine. I have a...
  28. R

    Data recovery

    I recently purchased a 120GB WD 7200rpm hard drive. I moved my data from 2 old drives (D and E drive letters, not which do not contain the system files). The unit worked fine for the first couple hours, but then abruptly the volume on one partition went from "Data" to to some gibberish like...
  29. U

    Scanisk does not function on 149GB partition

    Hi, I recently attached the SAMSUNG SP1604N P80, 160 GB 7200 hard disk as slave to the primary IDE controller. Mainboard is ASUS A7V133 Rev. 2.0 with 384 MB SDRAM present. With Partition Magig 7.0 I made it a single logical FAT32 partition. Win98b identifies it as 149GB partition and the disk...
  30. M

    Audio CD Problems

    When i create an audio CD on my new Liteon 48/24/48, the drive in the computer recognises it as an audio CD and plays it fine, when i put the CD in the car CD player, it won't read it. The car plays burnt audio CD's using the same brand blank CDR, but burnt from my old cd burner which was a...
  31. B

    What gets installed first OS or Bios

    After installing a new Motherboard and hard drive what gets installed first, bios or Windows7?
  32. C

    sata & ata on same board?

    i have an asus a7n8xdlx. nforce2 mobo. i was using my 2 maxtor 30gig hd's setup up as a raid stripe array on the silicon image chipset onboard. everything worked fine until i decided to add a maxtor 60gig hd drive to my #1 eide channel. now my dual boot setup of win98\winxp won't startup from...
  33. J

    HDD noise after Bios Flash

    My machine is a P4 2.4, 512RAM, Gigabyte GA-8SR533 M/B and I have a Seagate Barracuda (st340016a) and it's been perfect. I just flashed my Bios so it's up to date and now I get this high pitch grind noise intermittidly from it. I know it's the HDD cause I put my ear next to it while it...
  34. R

    NT Mirror SCSI HDD Problem

    We had one of the hard drives on our print server take a dump. It was set up as a software mirror, so we still have the server and it runs. I pulled the old hard drive, and replaced it with a new one. The SCSI controller recognizes the drive, but NT does not. I moved the good drive to ID 0, and...
  35. B

    Brand new DVDs that just won't play on a PC or PS2

    OK, first off I *KNOW* that the PlayStation2 is a very clunky DVD player. In fact, the only DVD I have successfully played on it is Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, and during that time I had no problems at all. Anyways, a week ago, I bought a bunch of brand new DVDs to watch: - Fight Club...