Dial Up Connection

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with Dial Up Connection.
  1. G

    Start Menu

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Currently in my Windows XP Home Edition Start Menu (the menu that you get when you click on...
  2. S

    How do servers connect to the internet

    Obviously as in; what kind of connections do they use to achieve such high upstream bandwidths (and downstream too in the case of youtube, facebook and the like). I'm asking this because home broadband connections are so crappy (at least in the UK anyway), as in a connection with 8Mb/s...
  3. G

    Slow Browser Page Opening

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) Picked up MN-700 on the cheap from Costco..may have been a big mistake as my now my dsl connection to the web now has initial connection problems. The connect to a site seems really slow now and I can count the...
  4. G

    kt7a and multis >13 with wiretrick?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?) has anybody with a kt7a tried to do this wiretrick to get multipliers above 13? http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=c8f573747b2926eb4a5c6fa494249b02&threadid=279392 i heard, every multi in bios is mapped to an multi above...
  5. G

    Missing "Safely Remove Hardware Icon"

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I run XP Home on a Dell Dimension 4400 P4 machine. I have an external USB 2.0 Maxtor hard drive attached. Occasionally the "Safely Remove Hardware" Icon is missing from the notification area. When I check on it in the...
  6. A

    How to change the monitor from analog to digital

    how to change the monitor from analog to digital on my pc
  7. M

    Language

    hello i have a windows xp professional and i have an annoying problem.i sent my computer to get formatted and they brought it back to me today and it in spanish,the whole computer and i dont speak spanish.i have already changed the keyboard and everythhing through control panel,regional...
  8. C

    I cant open any of my programs

    i cant open any of my programs
  9. C

    How do you give an account administrative rights using command prompt

    Hello, how do you use command prompt to give yourself administrative powers?
  10. D

    Microphone input not responding

    Hello, I have headset with mic. audio settings all done. no sound coming from mic at all. sound coming from headphones and speaker only. is it the engine or something else? help appreciated much
  11. A

    Error copying file or folder parameter invalid

    hi i am trying to upload photos from my nikon D40 camera witha PNY optima SD HC hd 4gb and i took photos and then now i am trying to upload them and i keep getting an error message that says the parameter is invalid and i am not sure how to get the photos off my camera now
  12. H

    need suggestion on psu

    ok, i got an antec case, it came with a 380w high efficiency psu. my question is ive got an x-connect 500w modular psu sitting here, im wondering if i should use that instead...what would u do? my other question is the pci-i cable has a missing pin on pcie side and the psu side, is this normal...
  13. C

    Windows installer is missing xp

    Hello, i cannot install anything because my installer is missing what can I do
  14. L

    montior problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, My monitor has thin grey lines going thru everything, what would cause this and how do I fix this problem. This just started this morning. Thanks Leslie
  15. robwright

    Savage 2: A Tortured Soul Review

    Review by Ryan Lord The sequel to the online multiplayer title Savage: The Battle for Newerth once again pits humans versus beasts and combines first-person shooter action with real-time strategy gameplay. Does Savage 2 succeed? http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/04/03/savage2_review/
  16. P

    Sound Problem

    I am using Acer 4720Z Laptop , where installed the XP . i am not to get sound .. pls help to get proper drivers..