Emulation

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Emulation.
  1. A

    Prebuilt HP desktop, CPU upgrade trouble

    I am using the M2N68-LA (Narra5) with an le-semperon 2.2. Im trying to upgrade my processor mainly for world of warcraft so im looking for the cheapest possible since the games requirements are not that high without bottlenecking my GPU and i dont fully understand the am2+ and am3 sockets or...
  2. B

    Compaq Presario SR1800NX need help recovering

    I have a Compaq Presage SR1800NX and it has a virus on it, I can't tell which one I did multiple boot only disk virus scanners, but I don't think they caught it. I can't boot to windows anymore and I don't have the recovery disks, I can't get into safemode, but I can get into the recovery...
  3. T

    Intel Pentium III Swap

    Can I drop a Pentium III Tualatin 1.4GHz in a computer that came with a Pentium III Coppermine 866MHz? It's a Compaq Presario 5010US if that makes any difference. I think I need a new HS/fan also because the heat spreader on the Tualatin is larger than the Coppermine. Thanks!
  4. G

    IE and WE Address bar

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how I could remove the Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer's address bar through group policy. -- -Scott Elgram
  5. C

    Download internet explorer 8 for windows 7 32 bit

    hi pleaseie 8 install my laptop helm me
  6. J

    I5 2500 or i5 3570?

    pc is gonna be mainly used for gaming which processor should i get? i dont plan on overclocking thats why im getting the non k version. should i get the i5 2500 for $210? or the i5 3570 for $215? which one would perform better overall?
  7. H

    What Graphics Card Should i Get

    I know next to nothing about graphics cards but i need one for my new build. I want good fps on games such as bf3 ect. I have a 160 pounds aka 248USD. i will be running Intel i5 2500k Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77-D3H 8GB Corsair Vengeance Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK Builder...
  8. S

    The right PSU

    Hello I recently decided i buy the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 1GB rather than AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB and i know what it needs more power. For this reason should I get a better PSU, maybe 600W. I know people don't seem to like Xigmatek so i can get another brand, i just need to know if i need more...
  9. G

    Win98 reinstall

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion (More info?) Hi, I'm looking for a way to reinstall Win98 over itself and keep most settings, applications, drivers, etc. >From what I can tell, running setup again (and choosing yes when asked *if you want to reinstall Windows 98...
  10. K

    CPU and GPU issue !

    Just got that processor , but the fan is VERY noisy , i mean it , its RPM about 6k-7k when idle , and same when gaming , heat it 40-45 idle and about 50-60 when gaming , same as my sapphire HD 6770 OC'ed , so it normal for the stock fan to run at 6-7k and are these temp reading good for me case...
  11. P

    Power supply (weird noise or is it normal?)

    Hi, I recently upgraded my hp computer with a Corsair CX 500W power supply and a HIS HD 7770 graphics card. After I installed the drivers and everything, I played a game of LoL (league of legends) and everything was perfectly fine. After that I decided to play a game of BF3 (battlefield 3), and...
  12. Mr15ization

    Hardware

    Hello, I am a YouTube video creator and I am looking to build a new computer used for recording games, like Minecraft, Skyrim, CoD, and Battlefield 3, I also need to be able to render videos at moderate speeds. I need to know if all of the parts I have chosen are compatible with one another. Oh...
  13. K

    Sandy Bridge vs Ivy Bridge for a new build

    Hello all, Well over the next couple weeks I will be ordering the few remaining components for my new build. I purposely waited for the release of the Ivy Bridge processors to see what they are all about. Financially I probably won't be able to upgrade for a few years after this build. Burn em...
  14. S

    Best Laptop for Flight Simulator X

    Hello, I plan to buy a laptop for my husband, solely for playing Flight Simulator X. Does anyone use this game and recommend a reasonably priced laptop? 1_What is your budget? $500 - $800 2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 11" - 17" 3_What screen resolution do...
  15. S

    Removing Shortcut bar icon on Firefox icon

    Hi, I want to remove the shortcut bar on only one desktop icon--of the Firefox browser. I know there's the TweakUI program, but I'm pretty sure that program makes ALL desktop icons have no shortcut bar, right? Obviously, I do not want that. Is there a registry hack that would accomplish this...
  16. G

    Please someone Help me......

    I have a virus on my computer called HTML FRAMER. It seems to have attached itself to everything I ran my AVG virus scan like 5 times and finally was able to excess the internet only some sites.... I was able to download Spybot Search & Destroy it deleted a lot of things it found but virus are...
  17. S

    Anyone else having this problem?

    Hello, I recently built my PC (i7 2600k, 16GB Ram, MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3)) and after a few days, I started getting an error message like this: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I'm not sure but I think it might...
  18. G

    New PC Build - No power for first few minutes

    I have just been putting together my new computer and have observed something strange about the PSU. If I unplug it for a few hours then go to switch it on, it takes about 10-15 minutes for the PSU to actually start putting any power out. When it starts working, then I can switch it on/off and...
  19. timw128

    Sound Ran Away!

    Hello- My sound disappeared a while back and I'm just getting around to repairing it. The problem is, everything checks out! I run XP Pro x86 SP3 and the machine has a Creative SB card. Device Manager says it's an SB Audigy w/ Driver v5.12.1.514, date 6/13/2007. There are no updates available...
  20. D

    CONNECTING A LAPTOP TO USB PORT IN ARRIS BOX?

    Hello, My desktop is plugged in the Ethernet port on the ARRIS ROUTER I had with Insightbb, now with Comcast.I want to use my new laptop and would like to know if I should get a new Router,or if I can plug into the USB PORT That is empty? I am Totally a DUMMY4SURE. Thanks.! Dawn
  21. O

    Sony Vaio Z51 recovery on a Vaio Z21?

    Gents (and Ladies, of course, if there are any), I own a Vaio Z21 (comes with Vista) and I have a Vaio Z51 Recovery DVD (comes with Windows 7). I would like to install the Z51 recovery on my Z21, but it fails.I guess it reads the BIOS model information, but it doesn't give a proper error...
  22. Mastersaofan

    Heatsink problem getting a bit worried.

    Ok, i got two questions about my heafsink fan its a Thermaltake SpinQ VT - i know its not the best on out there but i like it mainly because of aesthetics reasons but im pretty sure it still does it job to cool my procie. 1.) The speed aint moving. Its frozen at 17rpm, there is a manual...
  23. A

    Amd radeon 6650m vs nvidia geforce gt 630m

    I need to choose between two laptops. They are pretty much the same, only a couple differences I need help with. The first laptop has an i5 processor with amd radeon 6650m graphics card. The second laptop has an i7 processor with nvidia geforce gt 630m graphics card. I was wondering which laptop...
  24. N

    I just changed my dvd rom..but it still isnt detecting any dvds

    Hello,
  25. A

    Razer Lachesis not responding after cold startup

    I've encountered this problem lately, which is the Razer Lachesis Mouse doesn't respond upon a cold startup of the computer... The buttons responded, but you can't move the cursor. So I will have to unplug the mouse, and plug it in again! Does anyone out there experience this problem too? Am...
  26. baddad

    From 680i P5N32-E SLI to790i Striker II Extreme

    This is the way my system looked before, it has not been OC, and Crysis would get 32.7 FBS with very high settings and a 3Dmark06 of 14241. I know 14241 seems low for Triple SLI but M06 doesn’t see the cards as linked and does not scale properly. Thermaltake Tower Case Armor+ Thermaltake...
  27. G

    iRobot Create Contest Rules

    Rules for iRobot Create Challenge iRobot Create Contest Rules : Read more
  28. P

    question reguarding a possible fried motherboard

    i was wondering if there is any way to test a motherboard that might have gotten fried, other than putting a cpu in it and risking my cpu too
  29. M

    Fan with temp control

    I have an Enermax 80mm fan with temp control. It stops working right ow. I think it's because of the sensor. My question is how to make my fan run at maximum rpm without the sensor.
  30. R

    Rig built, but noisy - seeking advice on *low noise* cooling

    My new rig: AMD 3700+ and stock fan. ASUS A8N-E mobo Seasonic S-12 500 PSU XFX 7800GT card Thermaltake SHARK case with stock 120mm intake and exhaust Samsung Spinpoint SATA 200GB The rig works very nicely. But it is noisy and it is not just coming from the gfx card. I have covered the side...
  31. G

    $600 build advice.

    I am building a PC with a $600 budget. OS not included so it will be $700. I will use the PC for video and photo editing and hobby 3D Animation. I would use the build from the system builder marathon, but I am not using it for gaming, so I would need to sacrifice a faster GPU for a faster CPU...
  32. D

    CPU Overhating!!!!

    Hello, i'm having serious overheating with a athlon64 3500. 45c idle, but when video editing and playing games, it reaches 60c, and then it drops to 57, but no more. 57c becomes the idle temperature. What's wrong?
  33. S

    Bench mark utilities

    What are the best bench marking utilities and where do I get them? Free would be good. I have a Gigabyte mobo w/Athlon 64 3000+ 939, Geforce 5700 AGP, 1 gig of ram. My machine does not seem to run all that well. I just installed a new Gigabyte rocket cooler, (yes I installed it correctly) and...
  34. J

    is a CM Aero 7+ for a barton 2500+?

    hey all, i see this fan/hs is rated for athlons all the way up to 3000 plus. but will the CoolerMaster Aero 7+ work/fit/keep my barton 2500+ cooler? especially if i wanna Overclock down the road? thx,jw www.http://jwweir.com
  35. S

    FX5900 series owners, good news for you!!

    FX5900 series owners, sick of all the fanATIcs bragging about how good their 9800pro is? Well our time to strike back, <A HREF="http://www.explosivelabs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=913" target="_new">here</A> is a detailed walkthrough on how to flash your FX5900's bios to FX5950ultra's...
  36. A

    3200+ Cooling

    It appears that a lot of people are happy with Thermaltake, but I haven't found anything specific about their latest models (Volcano 10 and 11). I'm shopping around for reviews and prices for the first time in a couple of years, now that I'm looking at putting together a new machine, so I'm a...