Flash Media

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Flash Media.
  1. B

    Upgradeable Gaming Build i7-4770K with EVGA GTX770 4GB

    Hi, I have been a typical non-informed PC buyer. My typical pattern has been: buy, plug in, wait for it to die or break, then replace and repeat. The last computers I bought were HP laptops. They have died and I am tired of not knowing what I am really getting. Now I am trying to build my...
  2. T

    GTX 650 Problems with Games?

    Hi everyone, I have a GeForce GTX 650 1 GB video card. I also have 3.25 GB of RAM and a 2.4 GHz Quad Core Processor. I can run games like Skyrim, Civilization V, and RAGE on High - Ultra Settings at 60 fps and 1280 x 1024 resolution. However, I do have problems with Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry...
  3. D

    FX-8350 + 280X vs. 4670K + GTX760

    Any thoughts? I know video cards are more important/the limiting factor usually in gaming, so I was leaning towards the AMD setup. The cheaper CPU gives me more money to spend on the GPU. I could spend more on the CPU and GPU, but am challenging myself to keep the budget constrained below $1,100.
  4. E

    Whistling noises from inside

    Just formatted my computer and cleaned it from dust yesterday and noticed that it makes this boiling teapot whistling sound that lasts 7 seconds and repeats itself after around 80 seconds. What's the cause? Is it dangerous?
  5. C

    Not getting the speeds I should be getting.

    I pay for 6 MB/s download and I only get 400 KB/s. Why is this?
  6. S

    First time build ~$1000 Gaming/CAD rig, looking for feedback before buying all parts

    I'm building a computer for the first time and was looking for feedback on my part selection. I am looking to play games like BF4 on high settings, as well as do some independent CAD work with various programs. I would also like to overclock my system at some point down the line, and potentially...
  7. stickg1

    3DMark Firestrike 2013 Benchmark Thread - Post your scores!

    From the member that brought you the Unigine Valley 1.0 Benchmark Thread, may I introduce [drum roll please] :bounce: The 3DMark Firestrike thread! Come check out other members scores, fine tune your own hardware and share your score. This is the format I'm requesting to participate...
  8. P

    Inspiron One has multiple screens on boot and when loaded into windows.

    Well this one has me a bit perplexed but here goes. I recently installed a new motherboard in an Inspiron one 19a. I got it all back together and turned it on. The dell boot screen came up like it was in 4 different windows. It booted and loaded windows 7 but all the time it was like looking at...
  9. I

    Front right speaker in 5.1 headset not working

    Pretty much the title. Using Tritton Ax Pro+ - has TRUE 5.1 audio, so might be an issue with one of the drivers in the ear. So, no sound. Tried on earphones, worked in both ears, but significantly quieter on right side. Planning on getting a relatively cheap sound card, need to fix...
  10. I

    How to overclock a Router?

    Router Model: Sagemcom F@st 2864 How would I overclock dis?
  11. S

    when will there be 1440p 120hz monitors?

    im all like zzzzzzzzzz
  12. T

    power supply wall cord?

    so I am assembling my pc right now, however my I need a cord to connect my power supply to the wall. Surge protection would be great if it's offered. I have an old adapter from a mid 80's tv that actually will fit but I don't want to take the risk unless it's 100% fullproof. I have a 750 watt.
  13. U

    main drive migration?

    I wanna upgrade to a SSD on my main drive of my laptop. its 500gb and has about 100gb of free space. what is the best way to migrate to a SSD (i havent bought it yet). I do own a external HD dock which i should make the process simple i hope. im using windows 7
  14. S

    HD7850 Or GTX660 (Same Price)

    Hi all, im new here, anyways to the point i'm looking to build a budget pc, i know what i need generally for the other parts, however as of now i am torn between these two cards(gtx660,Hd7850), i am using , the reason i am not sure of which one of the two to grab are the prices, they are both...
  15. M

    Looking to upgrade

    Well, I plan on getting a new GPU as the title says. I can't decide what to get tho. Im working with the $200 dollar price range. My current GPU is the GTX 480 (yes, old i know) I was looking into buying the R9 270 GPU from AMD. Would that be an decent upgrade from what i have? Or what would you...
  16. R

    850Watt PSU is enough or not

    HI guyz My hardware specification *Intel i7 4770k *Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard *Corsair H100i Extreme *Corsair 850TX PSU *WD Black 2TB *2x 250GB hard drive (7200rpm) *corsair vengeance red 32gb *Zotac gtx 780 *Dell Moniter s2340l so 850watt psu is enough for me
  17. N

    Will these two parts fit my case?

    hello guys i would like to ask if these two parts fit my corsair carbide 400r? Cooler Master Hyper 212X (cooler) and Asus Z87 A (mobo).... thx and more power..
  18. J

    Does this case come with standoffs?

    Hi, at the moment I'm looking to buy the CM K380, and I was wondering if it came with standoffs? I really don't want to have the hassle of buying them separately Thanks :)
  19. DarkDubzs

    Why does Speedtest say i am getting a ~7 Mbps, but i am getting peak download speeds of ~1 MB/s?

    So i ran a speedtest test and it said i got 7.68 Mbps, but i usually get a little around 1 MBps max download speed? I assume Mbps is Megabits and MBps is Megabytes and they are very different in rates? Is that why there is such a difference?
  20. A

    can i run battlefield 3 with GT 630?

    I got a i7, 16gb ram and a nividia gt 630. would i be able to play battlefield 3? ( sorry if my english is bad )
  21. N

    How to hook up a 5.1 surround sound to a desktop computer??

    Hi i have a surround sound with four speakers and two subwoofers and i only have a green jack and a pink jack, how can u hooking it up to a desktop? My desktop model is HP 110-194 PC.
  22. P

    R9 270 vs 7870

    Are these cards equal and will the i3-2120 bottleneck either of them? And what about the R9 270x?
  23. iceclock

    Submitting application for moderator

    Just wondering what's the requirements off becoming an admin and what do I have to do to become one. Also is there any openings thanks
  24. J

    Good choice for building an ext hard drive?

    I'm wanting to get an external hdd for storing my digital photos and other files---are these two items good choices or do you recommend others? Seagate 250 gb barracuda http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16817145656 AMS Venus enclosure...
  25. M

    Need to know if these parts will work together.

    Hi, I just decided to build my first budget pc and I need to know if these parts will work together. Help is much appreciated. If they don't work please tell me what will. Sorry for my English. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/machomama/saved/2VcH
  26. A

    New method of storing data on hard drives

    Hello, A while back on Tom's Hardware Guide, I could have sworn that I read hard drive manufacturers will be coming out with a different method of storing data on the hard drive disks. It would make hard drives be able to store 5 times as much info on a disk as today. This would boost laptop...
  27. B

    hard disk: hardly used

    Hi, I have 2 computers; the other one is barely used. I only turn it on whenever the main computer is busy with something (installing stuff; reformatting, etc) Is it ok to leave a hard disk off for long periods of time? Like for a week or two?
  28. M

    can raptor 74gb 10000 rpm use on 4 x SATA II port?

    i bought 2 raptor 74gb hd, i am interested to buy this motherboard + cpu AMD 3800+ ABIT KN* SLI ATX AMD MOTHERBOARD but it only have 4 x SATA II ports. i am just wondering does it works with raptor SATA 150 or not thanks
  29. K

    Upgrading a computer

    Hello, I bought a computer a few years ago the Acer Aspire m3800, heres the specs: http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_M3800_Quad_Core_Desktop_PC__PT.SC5E2.067/version.asp I put in an AMD Radeon 5570 GPU, and a 500 watt PSU, I want to get a new GPU because my fan stopped working on it...
  30. G

    Can I add another HD?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) In anticipation of running out of HD space some day, a month or two ago I bought a new 200GB HD, a DiamondMax 10, Model 6L200P0. I'm now getting serious about installing it. I currently have 2 identical 60GB Maxtor HDs. I also...
  31. T

    200GB --> 130GB ?!?! WTF

    story dudes... right, here's the beef. bought another HD for my system - el cheapo samsung 200GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA problem - it only shows as a 128GB in the disk manager, where the hell did the other 70GB go?? i'm pretty sure the drive is fine as i bought one, installed it - got this problem...
  32. D

    Unable to Burn DVDs

    Hi All, I'm new here.... So please forgive me! I'm trying to back up data onto DVD's with nero 6.... When I try to burn nero locks up at "Checking Disc" and doesn't go any further. I can burn CD's ok and I initially thought that the laser was a bit dodgy so I tried with a different DVD burner...