Hauppauge

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with Hauppauge.
  1. U

    Student looking for a travel/non-gaming laptop

    1. What is your budget? -$700 max. -If I justify any more money than this, I’ll end up buying a machine for games. Cheaper the better. 2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? -17” would be too large for taking notes in lectures. -13” are too small for me to get work done...
  2. B

    How to unfreeze an acer laptop

    my laptop is stuck on the same screen but i can open different tabs!?
  3. A

    Phenom X6 1100T best cooling solution

    Hi, I recently made my first build-up machine and I am having some issues regarding cooling. I have an ASrock 890GX Pro3 inside a NZXT M59 case. I am having temperature of about 76 C while on load and ~60 C on idle. I am looking currently at the Cooler Master V8 or similar cooling solutions...
  4. S

    Boot from USB gone from BIOS

    I made a bootable USB pen drive using unetbootin-windows from Ubuntu cd image on my Compaq Presario notebook CQ61. After the process completed it asked for reboot, I pressed OK button, but to my surprise I found that USB was gone from the boot menu. I have booted from a live USB pen drive on...
  5. D

    Fear issue, is this new?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?) I have just noticed this issue with my fear ability. When I fear an animal now, turtle, rapter etc; quite often he will run off with half it's life gone but if it is gone long enough he resets itelf, heals all the damage instantly and...
  6. G

    harsh OTs

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) There's been a number of harsh OTs as-of-late. OTs such as: "what's a Fenway? -- oh, four or five stones!!" -- or -- How's your dog!! would be ok.. but politics and religion are dangerous subjects especially in todays'...
  7. eyemaster

    Monitor repair, power inverter for screen

    At home, I have a Compaq / HP Pressario V3000. The monitor works for a few minutes at times when on battery power (brightness at about 50%), sometimes less than a minute. When on wall power, the monitor works for 4 seconds (100% brightness). The LCD still has a working image, but the backlight...
  8. E

    First Time Gaming Build. How is this?

    Hello. I've been lurking this place for awhile now since it has such a wealthy collection of information and so I figured I'd post here and get some recommendations or comments. I've never build a machine before so I've been trying to do as much research as possible but I still don't know...
  9. D

    How to register lryic with bmi

    how to register my lryic
  10. C

    Lines on laptop screen

    Hello, I been using a Toshiba L4 Satellite since 2008 and my video card seems to have problems. I get lines on the screen , not always but it`s there. I once installed Ubuntu 10 on it,, it was HORRIBLE - all lines and so. would changing the video card sounds a good idea ? or old laptops should...
  11. T

    New mac or pc

    my daughter how will be going into her 3rd yr. of college for ind. enginenering wants a mac because she said it is fast. She has a 17' sony vaio that is 2yrs old this month. I don't have with me so don't have spec. but it was only like $800 back then so not close to top of the line and it has...
  12. S

    Moving a RAID array to a new motherboard?

    Hello all, I'm trying to figure out if I can replace my motherboard without borking my two RAID arrays. I've got an Abit IP35 (P35 chipset) motherboard with the Intel ICH9R southbridge. I've got a two-disk RAID 0 and a three-disk RAID 5 arrays set up on it. The board has a defect and I need...
  13. G

    Laptop died hard drive ok but permissions on old laptop drive (xp) wont let me c

    HP laptop died - power problem - ordered IDE to USB2.0 cable - plugged in the harddrive to cable and usb to new WIN7 laptop to retrieve files. Drive and directories are seen, but when I drill down to the documents folder - receive a nasty permissions message. I have tried to take ownership of...
  14. casemods

    Lenovo ideapad 06517HU tablet hybrid - good buy?

    In the market for a netbook. Laptops are just too big to be portable for me. First portable pc was a 10.1" netbook, asus 1005ha and it was great. Sold it because I needed the cmas money and wasn't using it. Well now I want one again. It must be 10.1". A little bigger is ok but 10.1" seems to...
  15. M

    Toshiba Satellite L305 S5919 wont start

    This is the stock laptop and one fine day it just shutdown on me while i was watching a movie. When I give it power supply it turn on for 2 secs I hear the fan rotate and it shuts down. and then the 2 lights for power supply and battery blink that is it No display nothing. I am not sure if it...
  16. W

    Best gaming laptop

    Looking for a nice gaming laptop that can play a lot of the big games I was thinking like the asus j73 but I'm not sure anyone that can help
  17. T

    My computer is forced to shut down at 7pm every night

    Hello, my computer has a forced shut down at 7 pm every night. Someone please tell me how to remove that task
  18. A

    Soon to be college student looking for a solid laptop.

    1. What is your budget? 700-800 preferably. 2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13" to 15" screen 3. What screen resolution do you want? doesnt matter 4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Id say a little of both. 5. How much battery life...
  19. zodiac949

    Best laptop under $600?

    Hello everyone, I'll be headed off to college shortly and I'm looking for the best possible laptop for under $600. Some of the key features I've been looking for would be.. -Sturdy, well built -4GB Ram -250GB+ HDD -Optical drive -Multi-touch capabilities -Strong wireless card for long...
  20. G

    Dell laptop battery can hold charge, but not supply it

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops (More info?) I have a Dell Latitude CP laptop, PII 233, with docking station. For the last few months, the computer is able to work only when it has AC power supply connected. The battery LED indicates it is fully charged, but if the AC is removed the...