IE8

Forum discussion tagged with IE8.
  1. T

    budget graphics card

    what is the best budget graphics card under £300 to run the latest games at around 60fps?
  2. D

    CPU Buy Help

    My Friend got this Motherboard: Asus MB H81M-R, LGA 1150, Intel H81 And he wants to buy this cpu: Intel Pentium G3260 3.3 GHz Will there be any problems?
  3. G

    Norton Family Premier (iOS): Best for iPhone Web Browsing

    The iOS version of Norton's monitoring service is a robust, easy-to-set-up tool that keeps parents informed about what their kids are doing with their iPhones. Norton Family Premier (iOS): Best for iPhone Web Browsing : Read more
  4. D

    2gb vram enough for 900p with gtx 960?

    I have recently bought a asus strix gtx 960 2gb. I actually planned to get a gtx 950 but then managed to rais the budget a bit and get the 960 so it wasn't possible to get the 4gb version. I was wondering if it will be sufficient for my 900p monitor. And as it is a gtx 960, I am not planning to...
  5. T

    I stress my CPU with Prime95 and yet the clocks speed doesn't change.

    Following my previous thread. A new i7-4790K w/ H100i. For some reason my clocks speed are at 3.40GHz. after a few searches, I figured that this is simply the idle clock or w/e (as edited in the original thread, about SpeedStep), but I now stressed my CPU with Prime95, as shown: and the clocks...
  6. B

    How to copy games in steam???

    I had to format my pc, so i copied all my games from steam->steamapps-> common, i copied the common folder in which the games are present, so after reinstalling the OS, i installed steam nd copied back the common folder with games in it. Inside the steamapps. And logged in, in steam, it starts...
  7. C

    HD 7990 vs GTX 690

    I'm in a situation where both these cards are the same price. Which one should I buy? Don't try to tell me the 7990 runs hotter or louder because it doesn't with amd's vastly improved heatsink. I have a 750w psu.
  8. I

    Can this pc run bf4 in medium fluently

    I'm looking to buy a prebuilt gaming PC for bf4 and new releases for 1500 I don't care about eye candy I just want games to run fluently example 60 fps http://gr-tek.com.au/cart.php?rp=http%3A%2F%2Fgr-tek.com.au%2Fproddetail.php%3Fprod%3DSpecial_Forces_Gaming_PC
  9. Xtal_

    Is it worth getting a heat-sink/CPU fan instead of stock??

    I am purchasing the AMD FX6300 (comes with stock fan) and i have heard rumors that this stock fan over heats your PC, is this true? I am not a hardcore gamer or anything but here are the other specs: 8gb RAM 1tb storage amd r9 270x
  10. SweesyM

    ASROCK Z77 Extreme 4 does not wake up from sleep (Sorry for wall of text)

    Been troubleshooting this one on and off for years. Mostly I just never let my system sleep. And that's not healthy. I'll start with my build. Case: NZXT Zero 2 (7 X Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 - Sleeve Bearing 120mm Blue LED) Reader: NZXT Aperture M Internal 5.25-Inch Mesh...
  11. S

    Gaming laptop: how much RAM? and do we need mSATA?

    So how much RAM should you have for a gaming laptop, and also is it worth getting an mSATA drive? if so, should it be preconfigured as an operating system, or for storage as C: drive, or what?
  12. J

    setting up D-link 605L

    I have bought D-link 605L router. I want to connect my desktop PC having on board modem. Please guide me how to do. Thanks
  13. N

    Dot Identification - Black and White Laserjet

    I've read articles about how color laserjets and photocopiers will print a series of extremely tiny dots which can then be decoded to learn which printer printed the document, when, etc. Is this true for all document printers including my black and white laserjet? Thanks.
  14. N

    Adding a USB.3 card

    I want to buy a USB.3 card for my Dell XPS 400 which runs under Windows 7.The card would plug into one of the PCIe slots and comes with a driver. However I am wondering if there is anything in my setup, such as support by the BIOS (I have the latest - A07) or some chipset on the MOB that will...
  15. S

    How my system for gaming?

    sys: i3 2100 8gb ram HD7850 1GB Seasonic S12 520W 1600X900
  16. D

    How to setup fans between Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 and Asus Z87-K Mobo

    Hi Guys So two days ago I assempled my first desktop pc, by myself. It is up and running but I made some shortcuts in order to get it finish that day. The Fractal design case came with 3*3-pin case fans but only the rear and top exhaust fans are connected via the asus mobo's 4-pin fan...
  17. D

    Pc Build - Cheap

    Hey, I need to know how many FPS this will get in the following games, I will also switch the power supply with a Cool Master eXterme power+ 500w. Minecraft on max Garry's Mod on medium CS:GO on medium Half Life 2 on high Battlefield 3-4 on low...
  18. G

    Is my AMD GPU Dying?

    Hello, I have an AMD XFX R7850 2GB Edition, it's barely a few months old, and it's been playing all the games I throw at it with Ultra Preset, and 50-60FPS. I turned on my PC today and everything was running normal, but I turned it off, and went to do something, so I come back and now my games...
  19. W

    Can I add a wifi card to my motherboard?

    I have an Asus P5N-D. http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5ND/ Is it possible to add a wifi card to the motherboard. I currently have the wifi LAN usb, but it creates a lot of server lag and a lot of times I lose internet all together. What can I do?
  20. L

    Asus R9 280X DirectCu ii Top or non-Top version?

    Hi everyone I am in the process of finalizing my new build and have decided that I am going to go with the Asus R9 280X DirectCU II as my video card. I would just like to know whether there would be a large FPS increase if I had to go for the Top version of this card, and also whether I could...
  21. B

    System fan configuration

    I bought a corsair 200r that comes with 2 fans, but my motherboard only has one system fan header. So what would be the optimal place to install only one fan here is an image of the places to put a fan http://imgur.com/igrAeSo
  22. 6

    How can i connect my phone to the wireless?

    when I want to connect to the wireless my phone recognize the wireless but it doesnt connect!
  23. J

    I have just built a new computer and when th computer boots the monotor isn't working it just says no signal my specs are a ma

    Looking for a awnser that would help me make my computer work
  24. X

    Laptop GPU Replacement

    Hey guys, new to the forums... I've read around that you can't replace laptop GPU's and was wondering why. I've also read that some have the possibility of being replaced, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if mine could possibly be replaced... HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC GPU: Nvidia...
  25. G

    Need HTPC card for low profile case

    Hey guys, really need some help here. Instead of build a whole system like I normally would, I am attempting to re-purpose a second-hand retail system as a HTPC and need a graphics card. I was going to toss in an Asus 6450, but realized after buying it that the passively cooled version seems to...
  26. R

    Do silent 60Hz monitors even exist?

    I recently got the Benq GW2760 and it's making a high pitched noise which is quite annoying if the room is silent. Turning down the brightness increases that noise. I know this is a widespread issue, can anyone point me to a place where I could find out about whether this is in some way...
  27. N

    Question about security

    I was advised to do these steps in order to run a game that fail to run. I want to know if there is any risk regarding the safety of my computer on the network after follow it? Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows 7 (got the instructions from here): Click Start, and then click Network. (click...
  28. C

    just want opinons on what may be my next pc

    Alright so ill get right into the specs. Cpu: intel i5 3570k Mb: msi mpower 1155 lga z77 big bang Vga: evga 660ti Cpu cooler: corsair h80 Vga cooler: artic accerlero hybrid extreme Psu: evga supernova nex750 gold Ram: 16gb 1866 gskill ripjaws Case: cooleemaster cosmos 2 Ssd: ocz vertex 4 128gb...
  29. G

    delete partitions

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) How do I delete partitions no longer required.
  30. S

    37 blue screens over past 5 months

    The title pretty much says it all. I was just wondering if anyone could help/direct me with the proper actions needed to finding out the problem. I saw someone link a similar post and they included this: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1...
  31. A

    Computer keeps freezing due to error code 43

    Hello, My computer keeps freezing up and becomes non-responsive. I have an error code 43 "unknown device not working properly" The device is an unknown USB. I haven't made any changes to my laptop or docking station in a year! but this problem just started about 2 weeks ago. Should I uninstall...
  32. B

    Deleted Administrator Account by Accident Windows 7

    I have 3 USER accounts in Windows 7. I accidentally changed my Administrator Account to a Standard User Account one year ago. Now I have no administrative account privileges. I really do not want to do a system restore as my computer is loaded with my business archives, etc. I tried starting...
  33. G

    Safe Mode

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) My son went in safe mode and changed my administrative account to a limited account. I don't know the safe mode password so I can go in and stop this, because I have this limited account. Help I don't know what to...
  34. L

    Audigy 2 zs optical input

    Hello, Just hooked up a LCD HD tv / monitor to system. needed better sound so bought optical cable and hooked to front panel and back of tv. All I get is tv speakers, no 5.1 like my pc has. Help?
  35. E

    remote desktop question

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) ok i have two pc's on a lan at my house. and i have a cable conection. i right clicked on my documents and enabled remote desktop. added the administrator and guest to the list. i cant conect to the pc in the office...
  36. R

    Best setting with the canon 1000D no flash at music concerts

    im doin a music gig tnite and want to get the best photo possible with the Canon EOS 1000D usin no flash as there will be lighting, any help wud be appreciated , thanks
  37. I

    Need Mouse help

    Im Looking for a relatively in-expensive mouse for gaming with the scroll wheel that clicks both left and right. Any suggestions?
  38. H

    Audio option

    I have a steelseries 7.1 virtual surround sound, but I have a question. I have the virtual surround active in the headset program but in the audio options of games should I choose stereo headset option and let the headset make the translation or choose 7.1 surround? Since it isn't real 7.1 I...
  39. X

    Bottleneck doubt

    Hello guys, I have a amd phenom II x4 3.2 ghz and i also have a 570. But i dont get same results as i should, i get fps drop 60 fps top on low and i dont get it anymore. Am i bottlenecked?
  40. B

    Bottom Mounted PSU, fan facing Up or Down?

    Hi everyone, - PSU: Corsair GS700. (Fan Intakes Airs) - Case: NZXT Technology Source 210 (With holes on bottom) - Air filter installed - Question: With ample spacing beneath the case, should this PSU be mounted with the fan facing UP, or Down, or it doesn't matter?