Lacie

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Lacie.
  1. S

    after booting intel screen appears and then screen goes black with 94 written in right bottom

    My system on boots showing intel logo and then screen goes black with 94 written on right bottom. F2 button also not work for bios Please help.
  2. M

    Can I connect an old VelociRaptor to an Asrock FM2a75m Pro4+?

    I bought the mobo to upgrade my wife's system. I have a number of old IDE drives but can't find where to connect them on the mobo. Do I need to buy a new SATA drive? Ideally, I'd like to transfer her old drive to the VelociRaptor just because it's lying in a drawer doing nothing. At worst...
  3. D

    Origin or steam for bc2

    Does it matter where you buy bc2 wether it be origin or steam? I heard that the game comes with all the dlc when you buy it. Does that deal apply for both steam and origin?
  4. S

    Privoxy Uninstall Issues

    Not sure whether this is better here or under Windows 8, but I'll try here. I would like to preface this by saying I am a total idiot, and this happened without very much thought or sleep involved. Long story short, I needed to torrent, so I figured I would give Privoxy a try from Piratebay...
  5. M

    recovering files remotely

    Ok guys, I've got a laptop with no working screen an some important files. It is connected to the wireless network. The thing is i have no access to a monitor. So is there a way to like remote-control it or anything like that? Also will ssh work? thanks ps: it runs windows 7
  6. R

    Looking for 2-in-one Laptop

    I asked this before but it did not go through and I may have had to much info. So basically I am looking for a Laptop that also has a touch screen. That can fold all the way (not half way) to make a makeshift tablet. I do not care what the brand is, but it has to AT LEAST be 14 inches in...
  7. C

    Is this PSU compatible with my specs?

    Here are my pc specs. Computer Model : OEM Serial Number : To Be Fille*********** Chassis : Desktop Mainboard : ASRock M3A785GMH/128M BIOS : AMI (OEM) P1.20 08/04/2009 Total Memory : 4GB DIMM DDR3 Processors Processor : AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4C 3.2GHz, 2GHz IMC, 4x 512kB L2, 6MB...
  8. B

    Don't know which drivers to get?

    I've installed Windows 7 x64 on my Toshiba Satellite L830 and I can't get a Wifi connection. I've looked for drivers to resolve this, but since I'm not sure what driver I'm looking for I haven't been able to solve the problem. I've downloaded a bunch, but none of them seemed to help. Can anyone...
  9. K

    Please Help With my Gaming Rig!

    Hi Basically i purchased my first gaming pc a few months ago Here is the Tech info: NZXT Phantom 410 midi tower case. Corsair GS 600W PSU. Intel core i7-4770k-3.50GHz (been overclocked to 4.2Ghz). Geforce GTX 660 EX OC 2048MB Graphics card. Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache...
  10. kiwi king

    I need a good laptop for entertainment

    Hello! I need a laptop under $500 that can stream Netflix and YouTube at 1080p with no hiccups, but I do not intend to use it for gaming. Thanks in advance!
  11. S

    Is there a performance difference between mechanical and membrane keyboards? Input lag etc

    Or is it purely feel/sound of keys? Will be gaming and need to know if there's a difference that will affect my gaming
  12. L

    turn off modem dlink auto

    i have a dlink modem how to set it turn off auto i mean the lights on modem all off thanks
  13. V

    possible upgrades ??

    i have a sony vaio laptop running 2gb ram and a 120 gb hardrvie with an intel r cpu can i upgrade the graphics card and put a amd processor in it it runs ok but want to do more gamin on it any ideas??
  14. K

    HD TV wont connect to amd video card

    So when i plug the tv into my video card the card seems to recognize it and put my monitor into the 2 screen mode... but the tv appears to not sense a signal... like it still says hdmi 3 on the top which usually goes away once something is turned on. and i cant try to look at the control center...
  15. B

    Gaming PC - £350 - £500 budget

    Hi guys, I haven't decided whether to build a PC or to find a pre-built machine, but I want to make sure I get the best one for the right price. My budget in the title would include an OS (preferably Windows 7 64-bit) My intentions are to mainly play games but also to be able to do work using...
  16. K

    Need a bootable cd Image

    My brother bought a laptop an older laptop for my niece its a toshiba protege M200. It has a non working copy of win 7 installed. So I need a bootable cd this thing doesn't allow you to boot from ssd card or usb thumb drives and I have a portable cd-rom and no dvd rom.I need to get to a command...
  17. Jonathan Tyer

    $450 Gaming Build

    What is a good $450 or less gaming build for less intensive games like minecraft.
  18. L

    Gaming Desktop Build

    Is this a good build and all the parts are compatible? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/lijoga/saved/34BH
  19. P

    New HDD for old PC

    I need to replace the hard drive in an old PC. The computer is a Pentium III 600MHz with 384MB RAM running Windows 98SE. Motherboard is an Intel SE440BX-3. BIOS is PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6. I am considering a Western Digital Caviar SE WD800JB. Is this a suitable choice? Any other suggestions...
  20. T

    Partially installed Service pack 3

    Hi..recently i try to update my windows xp from SP2 to SP3. (because i got 'fatal error RMN40' while executing Grand Theft Auto 4..i googled and many solution says 'update to SP3) but halfway through the process there'll be error. dont know why. then the setup will end. and it says "SP3 is...
  21. G

    Swaping motherboards, can't load Windows?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Hey all; I'm trying to swap the motherboard in my system, and it's not behaving. The old board is an Asus P2B-F, and the new one is a Gigabyte GA-6VX7B-4X. What does this have to do with storage? That's what I'm coming to...
  22. G

    Low-level format WD2000?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) I need to low-level format this disk. Western Digitals website has this "Disk Manager 11.0" program, but it doesn't work... I create a floppy and boot from it. It looks like it's loading some stuff, goes to a blank white...
  23. R

    Win98SE and SATA

    Does Win98SE support SATA hard drives? The reason I ask this question is because I cannot install win98se on a sata hdd. If I disconnect the sata hdd and install win98se on a ide hdd, everything installs fine. After I install all the drives, I restart the machine and reconnect the sata hdd, but...
  24. G

    Maxtor Powermax 4.09 sata drive

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) ok, powermax 4.09 will not recognize sata drives using KT600 chipsets. Maxtor will not issue a RMA without a Powermax failure code. Note: PowerMax v 4.09 will not detect ATA or SATA hard disks connected to embedded or add in...
  25. G

    Changing HD's

    I am looking to upgrade my HD, and it is from an HP machine. I don't think I have the software that came with the machine, so to install windows on my new hd can I just use a friends winXP installer, but use the product key on the little sticker on my HP case?
  26. N

    HP Pavilion dv6 Screen Progressively Blackening -- Need Urgent Help!

    Hey guys, this February, I bought a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop from Costco. Ever since about a couple weeks ago, I've had dark areas on my screen, which have gotten progressively larger in area. Will HP cover this under the warranty and replace my screen? Also, another problem that I've had is that...
  27. racermx187

    3840x1080 wallpaper

    Anyone know of any good websites with 3840x1080 wallpapers for my dual screens. All I can seem to find are sunsets and other nature ones, but I would like something more abstract or technology based. Thanks in advance for any suggestions
  28. V

    Absolute Idioit!

    H, thought I'd try and get some wisdom from the revered Tom's Hardware community. I'm hopefully after some advice on a system that I've come across on e-bay. You'll have to excuse my complete and utter ignorance concerning anything computer related-apart from,of course, the on switch. I'm very...
  29. 1234594

    High RAM usage

    Hi there. I just reformated my computer to windows 7. And i'm kinda dissapointed on its performance compared to some reviews i've seen in the web. It seems that my computer consumes alot of RAM if i'm not mistaken. Here are my comp spec: Here are my processes and memory usage: i have 4gb...
  30. A

    Which DVD burner is fastest at ripping to date?

    Is it a TEAC DV-W50E? How about fastest DVD-ROM ripper? Thanks.
  31. G

    Getting into the burn game

    Ok.. I'm about a half decade late, but I'm going to buy my first CD-RW drive. At least I skipped over those CD-R only drives! Two quick Q's: 1) The drive I'm looking at getting is a Buslink 52x24x52. Their drives are manufactured by LiteOn or some other company, depending on your luck. Are...
  32. P

    Big HDD dilemma, HELP ME!

    I'm having a little dilemma with Hard Drives, and I need some help. Here's the story: I started out with three HDDs in my computer- A 4GB drive (For Windows), a 10GB drive (For Programs and Games), and a 40GB drive (For Movies, music, etc.). I bought a new 80GB drive, and the plan was to put...
  33. S

    LEXMARK 5600

    Hello, I AM NOT ABLE TO GET A CONNECTION ON MY COMPUTER PLEASE HELP...
  34. J

    Windows 7 startup problems

    I have a very weird problem. I have a gigabyte ga-ma785gmt-ud2h motherboard and when I turn on the computer it gets the the point where it says windows is starting up and then nothing, not even the windows red, blue, yellow and green colours appear. But the strange thing is, is that when I press...
  35. J

    Upgrading/copying hardrive

    I'd like to buy a new hardrive. I currently have two (one 12g and one 6g). But how do I get my old data onto the new one(s)? In an ideal world I'd like to copy everything to the new the new harddrive, plug it back into my system and have the OS (Win2k Adv Svr) just keep on chugging, but with...
  36. T

    Graphics card installation Problems

    Umm where do I start. The other day I had just received a graphics card that I bought the other day. It's an Asus Silent en210. My computer is a dell inspiron 530s running windows vista x32 bit. Now the newly installed graphics card works fine . . . When it turns on that is. Every time I start...