Mega

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Mega.
  1. D

    AMD K10 Software Optimization Guide

    Here's the link, it details all of the enhancements that will go in to Barcelona based cores http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/40546.pdf Some new features not known previously/or not well known: -Two SSE/logical shuffle units -Using DirectPath instead of...
  2. P

    Best combo for Flight Simulator X???

    Best combo for Flight Simulator X??? Processor, Motherboard, amount of memory, video card.....
  3. C

    Overclock AMD 3800

    How much can i overclock my AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Orleans 2.4GHz? I want it to run stable and at low temps. I got a very good cooler and my motherboard is very good to OC. Also what is better the Orleans or Lime 3800.
  4. S

    "1500 foot outdoor wireless connection"

    i am trying to buy a verizon homefusion setup , and would like to be able to send wifi to my barn about 1500 ft away there will be a handful of trees in the way, which i've read that's fine if i go with 2 antennas pointed at each other. i am having trouble with what i will need and some of the...
  5. D

    Another take on why pc gaming is in trouble!

    Here is my opinion. Top 5 Reasons To Play Games On A Pc: 1) Mouse & Keyboard 2) Games that push technology 3) MMO'S 4) RTS Games 5) RPG'S Now I'm going to go over why pc gaming is in trouble. 1) With the technology we have consoles can easily have a mouse and keyboard. At some point games...
  6. G

    MN-710 Problem Getting Full Speed on 802.11g

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I've been using 802.11b technology for the last year. I just bought and installed the MN-710 USB2.0 on my desktop. I'm using a linksys 802.11 G on my laptop. I had no problem establishing the network, but it is only...
  7. G

    Dell Inspiron 8200 Replacement Key

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi, I accidently dropped something on my keyboard and scratched the "C" key on my Dell Inspiron 8200. While it functions perfectly, its astethically bothering me. Does anyone know if I can purchase just the individual plastic key "C"...
  8. J

    Core 2Duo build slow performance

    I have recently bought a computer and while typing this i noticed some minor lag. When I am typing my computer may just freeze and if i continue to type my computer will suddenly pop up everything that i have typed. My CPU is running at 35 minimum and 54 max. Currently its at 53 while typing...
  9. G

    Finding info

    Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?) I'm playing BG1 Tutu (ie. using the BG2 engine). Latest versions, all fully patched. I promise I've read every FAQ and guide I can find, and browsed every site etc. Still two questions I can't find answers to: 1. Where can I look up...
  10. frenetic

    My New Sub$2000 Full Build

    I've never built a system before so I spent the last several months researching brands, components and configurations and playing around on Newegg for build costs. I do light gaming so I wanted a system that could handle almost anything reasonably well. Since this is my first build I wanted to...
  11. trogdor796

    BF3 Beta Stuttering

    So I played the BF3 beta for the first day pretty fine, with a mixture of medium and low settings. Was getting like 40fps so all was good. However, lately whenever I attempt to play it I get massive freezing and stuttering. Like the fps is good and everything, but it will consistently freeze...
  12. M

    Which motherboard for 15 2400

    as stated above which mobo should i chose for an i5 2400. info: no sli (will be using gtx 460 or gtx 560 on it) it should have usb 3 and sata III support. computer will be usd for gaming only. try to keep it as cheap as possible with out sacrificing too much on quality/reliability. my budget is...
  13. s0ul1984

    Asus Striker ii Extreme, Help me please system freezing

    Hello everyone and welcome to my thread, Guys, I need some help with this motherboard, Asus Striker ii Extreme, Intel Socket 775. The motherboard is blocking and freezing out of nowhere. It happens 2 to 3 times a day. PC Specifications, Graphics card - BFG GTX 295, PSU -...
  14. C

    Asus Rampage IV Extreme with 650D

    Are you able to fit Asus Rampage IV Extreme in the Corsair 650D. If so can you have a 1200watt power supply
  15. G

    Did I kill the Boss or not?????Help PLS

    Archived from groups: alt.games.doom (More info?) After way to many attempts I THINK I have finally killed the boss. Took out all of the guardiand then BFG'ed the blue globe on his back. He now just stands there facing the wall. He IS NOT stuck in the wall. His head and arms swing about...
  16. D

    Power Supply Woes...

    Well, here's the story... Over the past 6 months or so, I've been having problems with my power supply. About 3-4 times during this period I've had power supplies go and blow up on me, with the resulting power surge frying my hard drive. I get the power supplies from a local Computer Parts and...
  17. E

    computer freezing plz help

    just put together a new rig...at first no problems... now the damn thing keeps freezing while im playing GTA3 and splinter cell. I tried installing new drivers and then I tried lowering the video acceleration. The error I got one time said that the video driver I had caused instability. Anyone...
  18. camieabz

    Here's one for Crash

  19. D

    via nehemiah cpu and divx

    Can I noiselessly watch my divx videos on a nehemiah board with unaceleratted video? ------------- Edit1: From http://www.rolotech.com/reviews/CPU/VIA/EPIAM/epiam_p1.asp?SourceSite=#introduction is found that a c3950 on an Epia9000 board use 60% CPU resources on DivX So, extrapolating the...
  20. G

    Radeon 9600 Pro Will Not Work With Catlyst 3.9

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with my ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256Mb. The card runs fine with the ATI drivers that came with it, it's just everytime I try using the catalyst 3.9 or 3.10 drivers Windows XP doesn't recognise them and resets the driver to the...
  21. G

    Geforce 2 GTS Problem under XP

    Here is my problem. I have a system that consists of the following: Intel Pentium 3 800e processor Asus P3V133 Motherboard Asus Geforce 2 GTS 684mb RAM SB Live Value sound card 30 gb hard drive 20 gb hard drive 10/100 network card Under Windows 98 SE, My Geforce would funtion fine IF, I would...
  22. A

    Radeon 9700 - How To Display an AVI/DiVX on a TV.

    I've been using my Radeon 9700 Pro 128 meg for quite sometime. I hooked up an S-Video cable from the graphics card to my TV. I have been playing my games on my TV for quite sometime. What I want to do is play my movies on my TV from my computer. I'm using Windows Media Player to play my...
  23. L

    What's the difference between these DVI outputs?

    My GPU (HD 7850, this GPU specifically: http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=448#Specification) has these two DVI ports on it in addition to a HDMI and two mini display ports, although I cannot distinguish between the two DVI ports myself. The box and the website say that...
  24. G

    Just Too Exalted

    Archived from groups: alt.games.whitewolf (More info?) http://archive.gamespy.com/comics/nodwick/gamespyarchive/newnodwick.html Cannibal Vikings? All-terrain Ninja Pirates? Yeah, baby, yeah! Also, note the parrot. -- Gieljan <remove BZZ to reply> God tells us in the book of Genesis, right...
  25. G

    Autotroll Problem

    Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?) Hi, i am using Autotroll 1.52 for hosting a VGAP-Game. For quite some time i had the following problem (log-file), which happened a second time the last host: ---cut--- [30.06.2004 16:29:45] :<EVENT> Running Mail event [30.06.2004...
  26. G

    Cooler master from md computers, Kolkata, India

    Hello, If you are a techie or a gamer, you have got to check this superb piece of enterprise - MD Computers, run by a super efficient Pramod. Ordered a Cooler Master ergostand at 5.30 pm... it was delivered to my house at 8.30 pm... super price, super behavior. Why go anywhere else
  27. rjkucia

    LED Monitor Makes High Pitched Noise

    I have an Asus LED-LCD TN Monitor, and for some reason, sometimes the screen makes a high pitched noise. The strange part is that it only occurs when some documents are open, and only when they're on certain parts of the screen. Speakers are all off (including the ones in the monitor)...
  28. R

    Answer on A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

    hi , kindly give the answer on above question
  29. G

    IF in the Past Tense and Told by the Protagonist?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?) Hi, This is my first post in this NG: I'm a visually impaired computer enthusiast from Finland and rather new to interactive fiction in general. Most of the IF games I've encountered so far are written in the present and the protagonist...
  30. D

    [Edit]First time builder [compatible/viable?] Please help

    Im going to be using this computer for just about everything to Gaming, editing, streaming, etc. These are my new parts i picked out I was told if you stick to the same brand the parts are always compatible but i just want to make sure...
  31. G

    Digital camera not operating in cold weather ?

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) I am having problems with my Fuji 3800 operating at tempartures below 32F to capture some nice winter scenes. Anyone else having this problem ? If the phone doesn't ring, you'll know it's me.... HalKin@SFSys.com
  32. G

    I recently ate another man's bunghole with red clam sauce

    Archived from groups: rec.arts.poems,rec.arts.prose,alt.recipes,rec.photo.digital (More info?) 1 ounce bung 2 ounces red clam sauce 3.5 inches of red hot tongue, bitch
  33. G

    Sigma 18mm - 50mm f/2.8

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?) Sigma makes a constant aperture 18-50/2.8 in Canon's EF-S mount. 28-70 seems to be a popular zoom category for film; this would give a similar field of view for cameras with 1.6 crop factors. I have not heard a lot about it here...